Kuiu Peloton 97

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm set on getting the peloton 97 hoodie. Now I'm looking at purchasing a Merino 125 shirt. Should I get long sleeve or short sleeve? Seems like a short sleeve would work best if I'm wanting to spend most of my time with the 97 hoodie on. How durable is the 125?

Last September I used an icebreaker ss merino under the hoodie. Ended up switching to a long sleeve synthetic under it because I chilled. I wasn’t super high, not much sun, mostly shade, cooler than average temperatures. Plus I’m thin, don’t retain body heat.

The 125 is definitely warmer than the icebreaker I wore. With that said for me it would depend on how active I plan to be. Sounds like your hunt will have plenty of steep hikes?

I found it more durable than a pure merino, fuzziness comes quick but didn’t shred or develop holes.

LightFoot

WKR
I love the Peloton 97. For warm weather sun protection, I would go with the lightweight merino hoody. I love the ultra merino layers for warm and hot weather.

I use my Peloton 97 Zip-T over an Ultra Merino LS. I like the LS for sun protection on my arms and doesn't create much more heat or weight.

If I was running the P97 hoody all the time, I would go with the UM125 Short Sleeve underneath because no need for the sun protection with the hoody on top.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk