KUIU Peloton vs Merino

tgoff

FNG
Any Kuiu owners who can weigh in on whether you like the Synthetic Peloton or Merion base layers better and which is best for a hot vs cold hunt?

j33

WKR
I have the Peloton 118 & Merino 125 short sleeve shirts. Peloton dries incredibly quickly, Merino ain't bad either. 118 gets pretty darn stinky though, if I'm day tripping I go with the 118 and anything more than 1 day I go with the 125. 125 fits bigger also.

I also have a Sitka Core Lightweight Hoody, it dries slightly quicker and handles the stink better. Only problem is it's camo only, I prefer solid colours so I can use around town. If you are okay with camo I would go with Sitka myself.

HuntNTag

WKR
I tend to like the merino more personally, especially as a base layer.

Merino in warm/hot weather.
Polyester/synthetic in cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody_W

WKR
I have and use both. Peloton is more comfortable but both are comfortable. Merino will not stink but is a little less durable. I will say though, I busted through miles of buck brush and the merino only has tears in a few spots that any other shirt wouldn’t have been able to handle either. You won’t notice the weight of either.

ScottB

FNG
Any Kuiu owners who can weigh in on whether you like the Synthetic Peloton or Merion base layers better and which is best for a hot vs cold hunt?
I have warn both. I prefer the lightest weight merino for warmer weather, as it does better with odor control. I will switch over to peloton for a 2nd layer anytime the weather drops. I stay warmer and dryer wearing synthetic base layers. I perfect a Patagonia base layer with Peloton as the weather gets cooler in the rifle seasons

jolemons

WKR
I have both. Peloton is lighter weight and better for hot temps, but will get funky. I too use it for 1-2 day outings max. It breathes better and will dry more quickly. The solid colors are great for casual wear hiking and fishing in summer. It isn't meant as a cool season layer, that's where the 97 fits in.

The merino is definately better for multi day outings. It's also more versatile as a year long piece. It's a warm season outer layer and cool season base layer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I have both but almost always grab the merino regardless of temps. Merino for base 100% of the time, I find it more comfortable against the skin. I'll use a hooded Peloton often over the top of a merino base.