Kuiu pelton 118 question

I am a long time merino wearer, but for one reason or another I decided to try a synthetic base layer. After trying on the peloton 118 I felt kind of itchy in a few spots on my side, has anybody else experienced this? Will washing it help? Am I imagining things? I've had no issues with fl or mtn ops merino and generally don't have sensitive skin

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I am a long time merino wearer, but for one reason or another I decided to try a synthetic base layer. After trying on the peloton 118 I felt kind of itchy in a few spots on my side, has anybody else experienced this? Will washing it help? Am I imagining things? I've had no issues with fl or mtn ops merino and generally don't have sensitive skin
Yes! I had never worn First Lite, Kuiu, Sitka, none of em, so I didn't have a baseline. I went with Kuiu because I liked their pattern best. So I assumed the itchiness was normal and I just had to live with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
Washing did not help. It's as itchy now as it was day 1. I also do not have sensitive skin or anything.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm glad I'm not alone in this! Guess it's going back to kuiu
I've been on the fence about getting rid of my Kuiu. The itchiness, the fit, not supporting women hunters, and some other personal reasons. I've been holding on to it though because it has not failed me, functions well, and I love the pattern.

Maybe I'll check out First Lite.

OP
E
I've been on the fence about getting rid of my Kuiu. The itchiness, the fit, not supporting women hunters, and some other personal reasons. I've been holding on to it though because it has not failed me, functions well, and I love the pattern.

I've had wonderful experiences with their base layers. I am also very impressed thus far with mtn ops battleground merino shirts

j33

WKR

Mix and match good the best parts of each company. I own two 118’s, shirt and briefs and neither itch. My Sitka baselayer shirt is better, more comfortable & doesn’t stink as bad, can’t go wrong with First Lite wool baselayers, but I wouldn’t buy their other pieces.
What did Kuiu have to say about itchiness?

I wear some 118 bottoms occasionally, but I wear them over briefs and tall socks. I had dry skin on my hands when I initially got them and knew instantly that I didn't want that material on me as a shirt. It sounded like it was crackling as it caught every little rough spot.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
Mix and match good the best parts of each company. I own two 118’s, shirt and briefs and neither itch. My Sitka baselayer shirt is better, more comfortable & doesn’t stink as bad, can’t go wrong with First Lite wool baselayers, but I wouldn’t buy their other pieces.
What did Kuiu have to say about itchiness?
I never contacted them about it. Like I said Kuiu was my first non Walmart hunting clothing so I assumed that's just how Peloton was supposed to feel. And to clarify, mine isn't a crazy itch. It's slight, but enough to notice.

I could never mix and match. I understand why it makes sense, but my OCD won't let me.

Reactions: j33
OP
E
I never contacted them about it. Like I said Kuiu was my first non Walmart hunting clothing so I assumed that's just how Peloton was supposed to feel. And to clarify, mine isn't a crazy itch. It's slight, but enough to notice.

I could never mix and match. I understand why it makes sense, but my OCD won't let me.

The itchiness in mine is slight as well, but I tried it on and immediately thought "no way, I don't like this"
And I definitely understand the ocd, which is part of why I buy mostly solids now. But I have some fl fusion pieces and some kuiu verde items as well and I struggle to wear them together, regardless of how much I know it's illogical.