KUIU polartec shirt - my new favorite item

Gman

WKR
So last week or so I got suckered into an impulse purchase. I got one of those KUIU inner circle only emails announcing a new, super limited edition polartec shirt. I felt the pressure to get in and knowing I've loved my other fleece shirts by other companies I pulled the trigger on a blue/black model.

I couldn't believe how fast it arrived - within days. All I can say is for a $60-something technical shirt this thing is awesome. It has a brushed finish and stretch. I won't take it off. I've worn it everyday since and it doesn't seem to take on odor yet although that could just be me loving my own stink.

Anyone else get one of these?

jherald

WKR
I bought two. Seems they are running true to size even though it says they have an athletic fit.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I deliberated tooooo long and wanted the copper color and within hrs it was sold out.......i knew better with new cool KUIU items......did I need it, NO, did I want it, yes now after reading what you had to say Gman:(.

OP
Gman

Gman

WKR
Bummer on missing the order. Hopefully they'll stock these as a regular item.

Fit is true to size.

They got offered to do a special run. I don't anticipate it being a product they always carry. I opted to pass on the purchase.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
What colors were available from the get go? There's only 3 listed colors on the site now...

Lawnboi

WKR
If they made camo I would have been all over it Initially before I looked at the picture on the email I was pumped to see it in vias. But only solids. I love synthetic heavier weight base layers. If kuiu dosnt come up with that shirt in camo ill have to get another stika traverse or kryptek synthetic shirt.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks Gman, I was thinking I would like the copper better but glad I happened to get the last "nightshade" Large they had. One other thing, are they similar to a Sitka Traverse in feel and warmth factor or what are they closest to in your opinion?

OP
Gman

Gman

WKR
I have the nightshade. Good choice! It's not quite black, it's not quite dark blue it's....NIGHTSHADE. Ha!

I don't own any Sitka gear so can't comment on that. Let me know what you think when you get yours. For me, it was like the older North Face fleece shirts I used to call "the perfect shirt" and wear until they stunk goooooood. But this has a nice brushed front and fleecy inside. Doesn't get too warm in the house and breathes well. I also like the stretch nature of it. It got it more for daily wear then in the field but I'm sure it will perform there too. Getting a winter trip in next weekend and I'm sure I'll be living in it so I can report back. Looking forward to hearing what others think as well.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Well it appears my post from yesterday has vanished! Anyway, I got my polartec shirt in yesterday and my initial thoughts are that it's awesome. I wore it almost all day yesterday and it's a very comfortable shirt and I too really like the "stretchiness" of the material. I see myself wearing the crap out if it... Wish I was able to get 2! :(