KUIU Pro 6000 Issue

savage250

FNG
Hey, I purchased a new KUIU Pro 6000 bag with the X-Tall frame. I find that it is very tight to get the frame in the upper pockets and then connect the metal tab on the bottom. It was quite a struggle. There is no way I could easily take that apart in the field to put meat between the frame and the bag. This is my first real pack so I don't have much experience in putting them together so maybe I've done something wrong? Or is it just that tight with the X-Tall frame?

Thanks for your help.

ToolMann

WKR
My wife uses a Kuiu Icon tall frame and Ultra 2200 bag. While not as difficult as it seems for your setup, I do have issues with that metal tab on the bottom. Make sure you have loosened up the straps on the bottom of the bag (assuming you already have). I have considered just running the bag without that metal tab attached as it doesn't seem necessary if you have the bottom straps tight anyway.

I ran into the same issue with my old XLT frame and all my bags (ultra 2200, ultra 4000 and pro 7800)
Tip is to get the lulu clip on the bottom hooked up, then do the top stays. Once I figured out how to muscle it a bit it wasn’t an issue