KUIU Pro LT 5500 by itself?

rc_1945

FNG
I'm going to purchase my first legit hunting backpack. I've got my eyes on the KUIU Pro LT 5500. I'll be backpack hunting for Blacktail in California in A-Zone this year.

However I'm not sure how essential the Carbon Fiber Frame and the Pro Suspension are to the pack. Will the pack handle well by itself? Or should I get one or more of the additional items?

I know I'm a noob, but your feedback is really appreciated.

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
Have an Ultra 5500 bag and suspension for sale in the classifieds. All you would need to complete is the carbon frame.

OP
R

rc_1945

FNG
But in all seriousness, you can't use just the bag since it literally is only a bag with no straps. You buy the suspension and frame, then can add any KUIU bag you want but the bags don't work by themselves.
Thanks, I wasn't able to figure that out. To be honest I think I can go without the frame this year. However it seems the pro suspension is essential to make it usable?

jfs82

WKR
watch camofire daily till their mystery ranch stuff comes up. You'll find options in your price range that'll work for you. How many days are you looking to pack in for?

TravisIN

WKR

Yea wait for a mystery ranch metcalf to show up on Camofire or catch a deal here. Do some more research and watch some videos on stuff. Your in the right place to learn a lot. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rc_1945

FNG
watch camofire daily till their mystery ranch stuff comes up. You'll find options in your price range that'll work for you. How many days are you looking to pack in for?
Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably be packing in for 3-7 days, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

jfs82

WKR
Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably be packing in for 3-7 days, but I'm not entirely sure yet.
Being an A zone native myself, you get a little more out of your pack by not needing cold weather gear with you. I've had no prob getting 3 day out of my MR selway, but if 7 is on the table I'd go bigger for sure.

OP
R

rc_1945

FNG
Being an A zone native myself, you get a little more out of your pack by not needing cold weather gear with you. I've had no prob getting 3 day out of my MR selway, but if 7 is on the table I'd go bigger for sure.
How was your 2020 season?

jfs82

WKR
Smokey. Basically did A zone archery then everything shut down for fires and I got again week before closing, only saw does and a sow with cubs.

OP
R

rc_1945

FNG
Smokey. Basically did A zone archery then everything shut down for fires and I got again week before closing, only saw does and a sow with
That smoke was horrendous at it's worse. I couldn't see clearly out past a couple hundred yards. Any tips for public hunting in A Zone?

WLD

FNG
I love my LT5500 for 3-7 day hunts and the 3600 for day hunts. It’s a pricey setup if you can afford it, but comparable if you’re going to buy multiple bags over he years. Do as much research as you can, read forums, try on friends packs, go to trade shows if you can. If you haven’t already heard this before: “buy once cry once”.
Basically if you’re going to get something for long term use, get the best for what you’re going to use it for right out of the gate. I have made the mistake of buying a lot of mediocre gear, only to end up spending more in the long run upgrading.