Kuiu Pro LT 7000

I need a bigger pack and want to try the 7000. Would like to hear from anyone that has used it. I like the simplicity and weight.
Have a SO Goshawk that I love and will keep but sometimes the frame and straps can be a pain in the ass. Also have a MR Sawtooth that I use for day stuff and overnighters, it fits me great and works well.

Drenalin

WKR
Their LT bags are nice, if you can make the frame work. I couldn’t. I had the next size down (5000?), didn’t care for the lid or the options for carrying a hydration bladder. I liked the bag enough that I could have lived with that stuff if the frame hadn’t been so bad (for me).

For the reasons you outlined I picked one up. If I was doing it again with a Kuiu bag would have got the 7800 for a few reasons. If not stuck on brand would be SG 7900.

Durability- the thinner cordura will not hold up well to high use. It’s tough enough for a trip or two a year. For example. I almost ripped the bag just stuffing it for a 12 day trip.

Top Down load- this may just be personal preference but the horseshoe style zipper makes life just way easier when packing and accessing your gear. Everyone I hunt with prefers this as well instead of having to root through your bag. The side zip is good but it does not give nearly the ease of a horseshoe style.

Bag shape - the bag is extremely compressible but it’s kind of narrow and tall. When you pack that thing full it gets really top heavy.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I dont have a problem with top heavyness as long as i pay attenion to how i load it .

j33

WKR
Anyone know the weight of the LT7000 lid? LT5500 is 3.4oz and 800cuin

Thinking about picking one up.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
Okay there’s some odd takes on the LT series so far. I have the 7000 and the 3600 that I have two seasons on, and I just sold a Gen 2(ish) lightweight bag and frame from Kuiu that was very similar. The whole 2 hunt durability thing is not true, I live in Alaska and expect at least another two seasons out of both of my LT bags, and the frame will probably go longer. Sure the LW fabric will show age, but it’s structurally very solid. Also, yes it’s smaller diameter than other bags, but I see this as a plus. 1, it keeps your bag narrow so you aren’t getting hung up on brush by a bag outside your shoulders. 2, that small diameter keeps the load closer to your back, reducing the moment arm length and thus felt weight. Hope this helps.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks
I won't be using it all that much
Just a trip or 2 a year when I need more stuff
Was wondering about top heaviness actually
Pack your bag smart and it isn’t an issue. Heaviest load (usually food) sits really well inside a cross strapped holder right up against the frame inside the bag. Very light and adjustable way to secure your heavy stuff and stabilize your pack in general.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I would disagree with the durability statement as well as MR uses 330D on their packs without issue. 330D is a proven material as well.

Okay there’s some odd takes on the LT series so far. I have the 7000 and the 3600 that I have two seasons on, and I just sold a Gen 2(ish) lightweight bag and frame from Kuiu that was very similar. The whole 2 hunt durability thing is not true, I live in Alaska and expect at least another two seasons out of both of my LT bags, and the frame will probably go longer. Sure the LW fabric will show age, but it’s structurally very solid. Also, yes it’s smaller diameter than other bags, but I see this as a plus. 1, it keeps your bag narrow so you aren’t getting hung up on brush by a bag outside your shoulders. 2, that small diameter keeps the load closer to your back, reducing the moment arm length and thus felt weight. Hope this helps.
Agree with the positives, but I have found once you get an animal in the pack + camp (especially a sheep) the narrow design really wants to come over to the side. It's ok for most travel but makes technical stuff a little harder than it has to be when you can spread the load out a bit. I have not found a way to really get around this yet.

I also had the load lifter straps almost wear completely through on one pack out which is a criticism of the frame and not the bag itself but still...

I know you state you live in Alaska, but can you quantify how many days backpack hunting you get in a season? Not trying to be argumentative just looking for more information on your opinion as you may have seen more use than I at this point.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
My goal is 30 nights in the field each year, I usually come pretty close to that on a variety of back pack hunts. I agree that the load lifters need a redesign. Mine haven’t failed outright but they slip if you give a fully loaded bag a hard jolt. I’m no Kuiu fanboy, but their packs work the best for me. I used to swear by MR as I used them for a few years, then happened to try on a Kuiu and probably won’t move away from them for a good while. I also really like that I can get a (empty) fully assembled Kuiu into the cargo fly of both my Alpacka Classic and Forager rafts. Besides SG I haven’t found a frame narrow enough to fit without taking the bag and belt apart.

j33

WKR
I sold my Kuiu bag with Large frame last year, bought Seek Ouside and ran it for the year after comparing loads side by side those two.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I picked up an XL frame. Loaded pack to 70lbs, did side by side tests and I’m leaning towards the Kuiu this year. They are very compatible. So much hype on this forum for other brands but man bang for Buck Kuiu is great.

I agree, I’m my opinion the load lifters are the failure point, consider them a yearly replaceable wear item. I’m sure Kuiu would send a new load lifter set if you asked.

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We really like the LT 7000 (and the 7800 even more) and have never had any issues with durability. We do a detailed review on different backcountry expedition packs that compare SG, KUIU, Kifaru, MR and Exo. It also comes with a 1 in 20 chance to win one of your choice, and the 7800 is always one of the favorite choices amongst them all.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

CWalker

FNG
The only thing I’m not crazy about the 7000 is the top load, but there is a zipper on the side so you can access the whole bag. It is a bit awkward and hard to repack through the side zipper. I went from the icon 3200 to the pro lt 7000, weight is essentially the same but over double the space.

Like others said, this pack collapses really well and can be used as a day pack really easy. You should have no problem consolidating to one pack