Kuiu Pro Pack System

luv2huntelk

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else have issues with the Kuiu Pro packs system and lumbosacral irritation due to the aggressive webbing on the lumbar pad? Seems no matter the adjustment the pad quickly irritates my low back. And yes the pack is set up correctly and I’m fully aware how to don the system. Anyone else experience this?

amassi

WKR
I do not experience any discomfort from the kuiu- have you adjusted the size of the lumbar pad at all?
Alice and Ilbe didnt leave a lot to aggravate though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I haven’t, though I was concerned about it initially after seeing how much rougher it was than their older padding. No problems during CO archery, even with an extremely thin merino top.

If if continues to bother you and you don’t want to switch packs, there are some medical adhesive protective pads for various body parts that would probably do the trick.

I've noticed that the clothing material, especially the inside of the garment, can make a huge difference. I started wearing an undershirt to have a consistent smooth base layer next to skin and it's really helped out.

Anyone else have issues with the Kuiu Pro packs system and lumbosacral irritation due to the aggressive webbing on the lumbar pad? Seems no matter the adjustment the pad quickly irritates my low back. And yes the pack is set up correctly and I’m fully aware how to don the system. Anyone else experience this?
I had an ultra several years ago, and when it was hot, light merino layer only, I would get sore where the lumbar pad was.

I had a long list of dislikes with that pack, that was one of them

DracoPuy

FNG
I had some minor problems with my lower back, but I don't think it was due to the backpack, I always wore something soft and it helped

Nothing with mine and I'm usually totally loaded down. I'll walk on the treadmill with no shirt on and a 50lb salt bag and I have no issues. Maybe it's latex or something that you're allergic to in the rubber?

Doodle

FNG
It could simply be that the pack/lumbar pad doesn’t fit your lordotic curve very well. I have a Kuiu pack that I’ll be getting rid of for the same reason…..nothing wrong with it per se, just doesn’t fit my body type (I have virtually no lordotic curve). I’m going to try a seek outside and see if that works better for me.

OP
L

luv2huntelk

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for replies. Spoke at length with Kuiu and was sent replacement suspensions system under warranty. Evidently the one I had had faulty webbing on lumbar pad which is much improved with 2nd system they sent. So far it’s worked very well as I’ve already put 40 miles of use on it.