Kuiu Pro packs vs Pro LT packs differences?

Seras

FNG
Hello, I've looked into this a bit and now there's a sale on Kuiu packs coincidentally so better get the questions out of the way. From what I gather, the difference between the 2 pack types is basically the Pro has more pockets and zippers, and runs a heavier cordura (meaning more durable?) LT is basically....a giant stuff sack with fewer zippers and lighter fabric.

Are there really any other differences like easier to clean panels, more water resistance or anything? Also, does anyone need a friend for Kuiu referral code?

Thanks!

Edit: did more research, answered more of my questions. Still down for referral code tho!

Last edited:

intunegp

WKR
I bought a full Pro 2300 kit a couple months ago because I was scared there wouldn't be a sale or they'd go out of stock before elk season hit :rolleyes: Looks like game bags and pack accessories are on sale too!

prm

WKR
Is there a bag that fits especially well on the Kuiu pack shelf. They state there is ~2500ci of space there. I’m looking at alternatives for packing in camp.

Is there a bag that fits especially well on the Kuiu pack shelf. They state there is ~2500ci of space there. I’m looking at alternatives for packing in camp.

Are you asking about non-KUIU brands of bags that fit the KUIU external frame, or are you asking about different KUIU bags? Or are you asking about game bags that fit between the KUIU frame and KUIU bags?

Here’s your referral code. $50 off first order over $250

prm

WKR
Are you asking about non-KUIU brands of bags that fit the KUIU external frame, or are you asking about different KUIU bags? Or are you asking about game bags that fit between the KUIU frame and KUIU bags?
Not game bags, just a bag for camp stuff. Any brand. I’ll have to give my Eberlestock spike camp duffel a try.

Not game bags, just a bag for camp stuff. Any brand. I’ll have to give my Eberlestock spike camp duffel a try.

Ah, I see. I don't think there would be a problem with any normal sized duffel or even dry bag for that purpose, provided the main bag isn't stuffed completely full. I also don't see a good application for it when you could just put the gear in the main bag instead of a duffel outside or in the load area (or even put the entire duffel itself int he main bag), provided we're talking the 6000 or 7200 KUIU bag.

prm

WKR
I have a 3600 on order.

My current system is a Kifaru Stryker XL and I use a 55L OR dry bag with that pack. I find that to be a fantastic system. But I like trying different things so I ordered a Kuiu to play with.

I have a 3600 on order.

My current system is a Kifaru Stryker XL and I use a 55L OR dry bag with that pack. I find that to be a fantastic system. But I like trying different things so I ordered a Kuiu to play with.
Ordered one too. Hard to pass up the price.

I have a Exo 3500 but wanted a pack that accessed the load shelf faster and quieter for carrying tree stands. Also wanted a day hiking pack for when I’m with the family that has a load shelf in case I ever needed to carry out one of my dogs (they’re getting old) or kids.

intunegp

WKR

I picked up the Stone Glacier Load Cell dry bag which is intended to serve this exact purpose with their packs. Haven't used it yet but can't imagine why it won't work the same on the Kuiu load shelf.