Kuiu Question

MT257

WKR
Looking at getting some Kuiu Attack Pants. Does anyone have any insight on the actual fit? I normally wear a 30x36 in jeans. I see that all their pants are offered with a 34" inseam, but can be let out 1.5'' if need be. Do the lengths run true as well or do they run short/long? Thanks.

They run pretty spot on at 34". The raw inseam with no hem is 36" so 1 1/2" should be doable.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
What are your guys' thoughts of the attack pants as far as performance goes?

What are your guys' thoughts of the attack pants as far as performance goes?
Comfy and quiet with lots of stretch. The dwr is top notch and they dry really fast.

Got a few weekends with mine have had a slew of pants leading up to now.

Fit is true to size, Maybe a slight athletic though.

A good all around pant for pretty much everything, winter time add a base layer. Spring/fall their warm enough for chilly mornings. Summer the hip vents will help but I see myself sweating in these if in 80°+.

I guess if you had to buy 1 pant the attack would be great. You can supplement the pants with gaiters and a base layer and really use them all year round.

Only down fall I see so far is I'm getting I guess "pulls?" We're thorns and brush have stuck into the fabric and then pulled out. For me it's not a deal breaker and isn't hurting the performance of the pant. I guess that's a trade off for having a quiet fabric.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
I have some guide pants that I wear and I wear a 34/34 in wranglers and 34 in the guides. I also have a 38" inseam. I have a lady that rehems them out to 35.5" and they work great. Unfortunately KUIU and I have some difficult times with each other right now over a warranty issue so I think my days with KUIU are done. There are to many other good hunting clothing manufacturers out there.

I wear a 31x36 in wranglers and can wear the size 32 attacks fine without them being let out. They're just a tad short when I sit down, but standing/walking is fine. I like the pants, but also get "pulls" on them from thorns. I've had 2 pairs for 3 years and they're still holding up though. Also check out the prana zions for earlier season, they come in a 36 inseam.

I have some guide pants that I wear and I wear a 34/34 in wranglers and 34 in the guides. I also have a 38" inseam. I have a lady that rehems them out to 35.5" and they work great. Unfortunately KUIU and I have some difficult times with each other right now over a warranty issue so I think my days with KUIU are done. There are to many other good hunting clothing manufacturers out there.
If I can ask; what kind of warranty issues? I’m looking at buying some more of their gear. I’ve been happy so far, but haven’t had any warranty claims. I agree there is a lot of good gear out there, no reason to settle.

BluMtn

WKR
The issue I am having with KUIU right now has to do with my pack. It was given to me as a gift 2 Christmases ago. I was upgrading it this winter with a new bag, apex shoulder straps, and new pockets. I noticed that my belt was coming apart under one of my pockets. I contacted KUIU and sent pictures of the belt. They agreed that it was a warranty issue. The problem is I can't prove I bought it from them. No proof, no warranty. I have given them the Email addresses of the person who gave it to me and they say they have no record of that email. But they will kindly sell me a new belt. So even though I own a ton of their stuff, I don't think I need to give them any more of my money. I like their stuff don't get me wrong, but there are other companies that I buy from that is just as good or better and with warranties that are usable.

The issue I am having with KUIU right now has to do with my pack. It was given to me as a gift 2 Christmases ago. I was upgrading it this winter with a new bag, apex shoulder straps, and new pockets. I noticed that my belt was coming apart under one of my pockets. I contacted KUIU and sent pictures of the belt. They agreed that it was a warranty issue. The problem is I can't prove I bought it from them. No proof, no warranty. I have given them the Email addresses of the person who gave it to me and they say they have no record of that email. But they will kindly sell me a new belt. So even though I own a ton of their stuff, I don't think I need to give them any more of my money. I like their stuff don't get me wrong, but there are other companies that I buy from that is just as good or better and with warranties that are usable.
Thanks, That is a bummer.

Bisley45

Lil-Rokslider
All of my Kuiu stuff has been top notch stuff. As it was mentioned take a look at prana zions, I'm wearing a pair right now at my office. Super comfortable and can usually be found on sale for about $50

Muleyslayer14

Lil-Rokslider
I own two pairs of attacks. Length and width seems to be spot on, they do have a “athletic” fit. They are pretty tight on my legs. I did have the zipper break on one pair after 1 year of use and the other pair didn’t fair too well against embers of campfire. The hip vents are awesome, and the pants stretch well. I think they are a great three season pant, maybe a little warm in summer heat.

All of my Kuiu stuff has been top notch stuff. As it was mentioned take a look at prana zions, I'm wearing a pair right now at my office. Super comfortable and can usually be found on sale for about $50
I agree on the zions. I’ve been hard pressed to buy anything else. They are pretty dam tough and priced right.

boom

WKR
I have two pairs of Attack pants. Gray ones and a camo pair.

I swear the gray ones feel thicker with respect to fabric. I should put them on a scale.

Wear? I have kinda shredded my camo pair in the Arizona desert chasing those cursed tiny ass deer. I had to burn a few huge burr pills down. It works fine. Last year I hunted elk 12 days straight in the same pair of pants. Despite all the pulled fabric spots, the pants still rocked.

I think kuiu fit skinny folks better. Mine are a bit baggy at size 34. Length runs long with my hobbit legs. But now I wrap up the ends with gaiters to keep the mud at bay. No more dragging the backside of the cuffs