Kuiu rangefinder holder

AZ8

WKR
I’m looking in buying the Kuiu rangefinder holder. I’m currently sporting the Leica 1000-R and was wondering on the fit. Anyone here running this setup and can chime in? Just want to make sure the rangefinder fits. I hate returning things, lol

I’ve read the specs online and it appears to be a close fit, but I’d like to make sure by real world experience before buying,

Thanks!

weeble19

FNG
I’m running the KUIU rangefinder harness with a Leica 2400 and it fits perfect. Snug but not so tight you can’t pull it out easily and I don’t have to worry about closing the lid every time and risk it falling out. FWIW I would recommend going with their bungee retention lanyard. The FHF one that I’m running has a plastic buckle by the range finder that bumps into it and clicks pretty loudly. The KUIU one doesn’t have the release buckle and is quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZ8
OP
AZ8

AZ8

WKR
I’m running the KUIU rangefinder harness with a Leica 2400 and it fits perfect. Snug but not so tight you can’t pull it out easily and I don’t have to worry about closing the lid every time and risk it falling out. FWIW I would recommend going with their bungee retention lanyard. The FHF one that I’m running has a plastic buckle by the range finder that bumps into it and clicks pretty loudly. The KUIU one doesn’t have the release buckle and is quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats good to hear! Yeah, I already have their lanyard in my shopping cart.

Thanks!

Backyard

WKR
I use one with a Vortex, it was tight at first, but has loosened up after a little use. And is quite nice now. I like it.
FWIW, the lanyard has a cheap plastic clip on one end that is a POS. It is very hard to attach and remove it after clipping it on somewhere. Clip it where you don't intend on removing for a while.

OP
AZ8

AZ8

WKR
Just thought I’d update this thread. Received the holder and my Leica fits perfectly! I ended up ordering both the long and regular lanyard. Haven’t decided if I want the holder on my bino harness or on my hip belt, so ordered both.

Very nice holder!

Last edited:
Running the Leica 1600 and feel like kuiu made it to fit this rangefinder. As mentioned before snug but not too tight.

Bringing this thread back alive. I have the Leica 2400 and it fits perfect other than one aspect. When I close the rangefinder pouch lid it is starting to deform the eyepiece rubber surround from being too tight and pressing down on top of the rubber. Instead of being perfectly round it is pushing it more oval now. It doesn't really affect the usability but I hate the fact that im deforming my brand new rangefinder and hope that it won't hold that position forever. Anyone else have this issue and a solution? If the stretch attachment cord was a little longer I don't think it would put as much pressure on the eyepiece but who knows. Open to modifications if anyone thinks they would have a solution. Just want to keep my rangefinder looking new instead of having the rubber eyepiece look like sh*t.