Kuiu rifle sling holder

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider

Anyone have one of these, your thoughts?
Ordered one hopefully it works

OP
J

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Update seems to work just fine, no issues, used it on several long hikes, much better than on your shoulder
For the price it’s a no brained

uc3kimber

FNG
I bought one with my first pack. Lost it within an hour. The style of clips used must have released when I sat down and it fell of when I got up. Go with kifaru gun bearer.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

TFrank

WKR
FYI reviews are popping up on this concerning the durability.

I have used this and it is a great concept. The plastic is pretty cheap though. It is projected off the pack and is the first thing to get hung up on anything. Even putting a pack down the wrong way can bent the crap out of this thing.

My hunting partner broke his the first time using it, and he wasn’t doing anything silly to break it.

There is no help or warranty on it. Wish they had a carbon fiber option or something. Like I said, love how it works and the concept, but I don’t see it lasting long for me.

Thinking of 3D printing a version. Unfortunately need the dimensions on one to match but I may can swag it enough for a prototype. That way if I break it, got spares for minimal $.

BBob

WKR
I bought one with my first pack. Lost it within an hour. The style of clips used must have released when I sat down and it fell of when I got up. Go with kifaru gun bearer.
If it's installed like they show how could it possibly just fall off? It slips over the frame, the load lifter strap goes through it and the frame and then the pack frame pocket slips over all of that so how did it just fall off?

My buddy had one on our Mtn goat hunt last month. If attached correctly, no way it can fall off. Sounds like the above was attached incorrectly.

In my opinion it’s a take off of the old external backpack frame by Frontier Gear of Alaska where you have two upper poles of the frame extended upward and you could hook your sling over one of them. Always was envious of it as my guide had one.

Yes, it’s cheap plastic. Should have been more durable injection molded plastic or carbon fiber. If you are in thick brush it gets hung up on everything. Alder brush mazes in Alaska are an absolute nightmare for one. If you are not hard on equipment and not going to walking in brush/undergrowth should work fine.