Kuiu Rubicon compared to FirstLite Corrugate jacket

barrister

WKR
I have a FirstLite Corrugate jacket. I like it as a lightweight outer shell with some breathability. It can be layered underneath as the temp dictates and it will protect the insulating layers underneath. If it’s really cold and I’m stationary, I can throw additional insulation on top of it and still have freedom of movement.

I tried a Sitka Mountain jacket. It’s nice, but the sleeves are too long for me.

Does the Kuiu Rubicon compare to the Corrugate for this type of usage? If not the Rubicon, does Kuiu have an equivalent? I’m not looking for a full-blown rain shell and I’m also not wanting to go all the way to a full soft shell

OP
B

barrister

WKR
I’m bumping this just to see if anyone may be able to provide some feedback. Thanks!

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
I've been watching this thread hoping that someone would provide feedback because I'm interested in both of these jackets too. I have plenty of non-camo insulating layers and would just like to throw one of these two over the top of what I already own. I don't have any first hand experience with either jacket, but looking at the product images I do see a thin lining on the Kuiu that would provide some warmth. I wish I had something more constructive for you, maybe this bump will get a few people with experience to reply.