Kuiu sale ?

Stalker69

WKR
Is the Kuiu sale for real ? I get emails a lot about a 50% off sale. I try and order, great deal right ? As soon as you enter size ( no matter what size) or color ( don’t matter what color) it says the price is the normal retail price. Figured maybe it did it when you entered in your shopping cart, nope, retail price. Is this a scam, joke, or something ?

Frosty82

WKR
I tried adding some Attack Pants and I got a discount. It's an "up to 50% off sale", looks like their decals and a few hats are the only thing 50% off.

Is the Kuiu sale for real ? I get emails a lot about a 50% off sale. I try and order, great deal right ? As soon as you enter size ( no matter what size) or color ( don’t matter what color) it says the price is the normal retail price. Figured maybe it did it when you entered in your shopping cart, nope, retail price. Is this a scam, joke, or something ?
What are you trying to order? Everything I ordered in Vias was on sale.

I find most internet sales like that. Unless you are XXL or a S they don’t have anything you want. But It’s about as good of a sale as I’ve ever seen from Kuiu. If you’ve spent enough money with them to make “Inner Circle” status then you get early access to sales and events. They had L in nearly everything I was after. Having it in a color I wanted was about 80/20 have/not have. I loaded up on quite a few things at some good discounts. There were some pretty good deals. Guess they sold out of a lot of stuff to us spendy inner circle types. It did help if you liked Vias.

ohoopee

WKR
I ordered the Tiburon and Guide pants. No issues and got a nice discount similar
to what a used pair sell for on the forum.

I ordered what I wanted for a 20 percent off. You have to be careful with them. When I went on there site, everything was marked up $100. The sale prices were higher than the normal retail prices. When I clicked on the sale pop up, the real prices came up. I really like their clothes, but I think they’re kind of a shady company. They also charged me sales tax. My $156 purchase ended up being $179. I live in Illinois, and am pretty sure there isn’t a Kuiu store here. I always thought you only pay sales tax if there’s a retail store in your state. Gotta wonder if they just keep the money they’re charging for tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I ordered what I wanted for a 20 percent off. You have to be careful with them. When I went on there site, everything was marked up $100. The sale prices were higher than the normal retail prices. When I clicked on the sale pop up, the real prices came up. I really like their clothes, but I think they’re kind of a shady company. They also charged me sales tax. My $156 purchase ended up being $179. I live in Illinois, and am pretty sure there isn’t a Kuiu store here. I always thought you only pay sales tax if there’s a retail store in your state. Gotta wonder if they just keep the money they’re charging for tax.

Looks like any retailers not charging sales tax to IL residents are breaking the law since late 2018. Looks like starting in 2020 online sales taxes will go up as they will be required to pay local taxes as well.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinoisans-will-pay-higher-online-sales-tax-starting-in-2020/

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Yea, I tried stuff I wasn’t interested in and it works. The stuff I want of course is not “ on sale” I guess.

Sales tax in Texas but not Missouri for me. I think it has more to do with the delivery states laws than Kuiu being shady. You don’t stay in business long that way. And they don’t strike me as doing this to make a quick buck and get out kind of company. Illinois is the shady one if anyone.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got a pair of attacks for 104.00 that’s a good deal to me since I wear the attacks for everything from work to hunting.

Sales tax in Texas but not Missouri for me. I think it has more to do with the delivery states laws than Kuiu being shady. You don’t stay in business long that way. And they don’t strike me as doing this to make a quick buck and get out kind of company. Illinois is the shady one if anyone.

I ordered stuff all the time without paying tax. Amazon is a pretty big company. I think they know the laws.

LaHunter

WKR

I'm gonna have to call B.S. on "everything was marked up $100".

zimagold

FNG
Picked up a pair of attacks for 104. They charge sales tax just like most online retailers since the 2018 Supreme Court ruling. Amazon charges but Amazon market sellers don't most of the time.

Hathcock

FNG
What did you see specifically that was marked up? I don’t follow all there gear but all the stuff I’ve had my eye on for over a year or so didn’t increase in price before this sale.

Why would I make this up? I own a bunch of Kuiu stuff. I like and support the company. That doesn’t mean I have to be an all in fanboy.