Kuiu sale ?

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered half dozen items in Xl shirt sizes and 34 in waist pants. IMO, it was a good sale and items I needed were included.

I ordered stuff all the time without paying tax. Amazon is a pretty big company. I think they know the laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure Amazon and Kuiu both know the law. Your case study is a little lacking. Amazon, Kuiu, Backcountry, Classicfirearms charge me tax. Midwayusa, budsgunshop, rockymountainatvmc don’t charge me tax. If I ship to MO, Kuiu doesn’t charge me tax. Amazon still does. Sales tax nexus might explain it.

Last edited:
I’m sure Amazon and Kuiu both know the law. Your case study is a little lacking. Amazon, Kuiu, Backcountry, Classicfirearms charge me tax. Midwayusa, budsgunshop, rockymountainatvmc don’t charge me tax. If I ship to MO, Kuiu doesn’t charge me tax. Amazon still does. Sales tax nexus might explain it.

I was just stating Amazon as one one of many examples. Not a complete case study.

What did you see specifically that was marked up? I don’t follow all there gear but all the stuff I’ve had my eye on for over a year or so didn’t increase in price before this sale.

I ordered the Kutana Hybrid jacket. I knew the original price of 209. I was busy at work when I heard of the sale. I did a quick check and saw the jacket for 155. When I got home , I went to order and it came up as on sale for somewhere around 250 (I don’t remember exactly). I thought I was looking at the wrong item. I looked up the jacket on my iPad , next to my phone, and clicked on the banner that popped up for the biggest sale of the year. The items were identical but $100 different in price. I ended up ordering the jacket for a good price. I would have bought the jacket for the original $209 because I think it’s worth it. Kuiu offers a good product at a fair price. I just think some of their marketing tactics are a little shady.

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
Seemed like their previous sales were much better a few years ago. The "Up go xx% off" sales are marketing crap. But they sell stuff without sales now so they don't need to have good sales....people will buy it regardless.

I ordered the Kutana Hybrid jacket. I knew the original price of 209. I was busy at work when I heard of the sale. I did a quick check and saw the jacket for 155. When I got home , I went to order and it came up as on sale for somewhere around 250 (I don’t remember exactly). I thought I was looking at the wrong item. I looked up the jacket on my iPad , next to my phone, and clicked on the banner that popped up for the biggest sale of the year. The items were identical but $100 different in price. I ended up ordering the jacket for a good price. I would have bought the jacket for the original $209 because I think it’s worth it. Kuiu offers a good product at a fair price. I just think some of their marketing tactics are a little shady.

I think you’re confusing the Kutana Hybrid and Axis Hybrid jackets.
The Kutana is $209 but $155 on sale.
The Axis is $269 but $228 on sale.

I do agree some of the sales haven’t been that great lately but some good items have been discounted in this sale. Also I’ve never seen a price increase before the sale. I don’t agree with only a sale on certain colors of an item though.

rodney482

WKR
Laws have changed on taxing when it comes to sales tax. Having an actual store in your state is no longer the deciding factor.

I ordered what I wanted for a 20 percent off. You have to be careful with them. When I went on there site, everything was marked up $100. The sale prices were higher than the normal retail prices. When I clicked on the sale pop up, the real prices came up. I really like their clothes, but I think they’re kind of a shady company. They also charged me sales tax. My $156 purchase ended up being $179. I live in Illinois, and am pretty sure there isn’t a Kuiu store here. I always thought you only pay sales tax if there’s a retail store in your state. Gotta wonder if they just keep the money they’re charging for tax.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Well the Yukon jacket I was most interested in, must not be on sale of course. But I had a 50.00 coupon. And figured I’d buy some thing “ on sale” so bought a Kutana jacket also. Now wondering if I should have bought some pants.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Just went back to buy the Kutana pant, of course not on sale, so I guess I will wait, see if I even like the jackets.

Rock-o

WKR
Prior to adding a pair of pants to my cart I clicked on the size chart. It indicates to measure where pants on normally worn on the hips. My tape measured 43 (against skin like the page says), yet all my pants are 38 or 40! I can even squeeze into a pair of broken in jeans with a 36 waist if I have to! I'm 6' 2" 240-245.

ChrisAU

WKR
Prior to adding a pair of pants to my cart I clicked on the size chart. It indicates to measure where pants on normally worn on the hips. My tape measured 43 (against skin like the page says), yet all my pants are 38 or 40! I can even squeeze into a pair of broken in jeans with a 36 waist if I have to! I'm 6' 2" 240-245.

So is the tape measure or Kuiu's sizing what we are criticizing here? I'm just wondering lol. Well known that pant sizes generally are smaller in number than the actual measurement. I think its out of vain - if First Lite had a 34 that fit you but you had to have a 40 Kuiu, you can buy the 34 and tell your buddies you wear a 34. If you get the Kuiu 40's you hesitate to tell people what size they are and they make you sad. This is how women's minds work by the way lol, and they will buy the "smaller" size even though they are the same size...

Rock-o

WKR
When I went on there site, everything was marked up $100. The sale prices were higher than the normal retail prices.
I happened to have created a spreadsheet May 12 of this year; in it I listed items of interest and their prices. Those prices match the prices listed on the site today *before the mark-down for the sale*. I'm not sure how you came up with "...everything was marked up $100.". Post a link to an item you found to be marked up.

Rock-o

WKR
So is the tape measure or Kuiu's sizing what we are criticizing here? I'm just wondering lol. Well known that pant sizes generally are smaller in number than the actual measurement.
I'm not criticizing - I simply posted to get some guidance. The issue is if I go by their instructions they don't have have a waist big enough for me, their sizes go up to 42. I just find it hard to believe that I am bigger than their biggest size. I am not fat. Again, 6' 2" 240-245. No doubt there are many people that are bigger than me - that also are not fat. I guess I need to pull up sizing threads to not clutter this one any more.

I happened to have created a spreadsheet May 12 of this year; in it I listed items of interest and their prices. Those prices match the prices listed on the site today *before the mark-down for the sale*. I'm not sure how you came up with "...everything was marked up $100.". Post a link to an item you found to be marked up.

I was just stating my experience to warn others, so they didn’t end up paying too much. It is kind of strange that I’m the only one that experienced this. Sorry if I offended all of the Kuiu fan boys. I just wear the clothes. I didn’t join the club I guess.

ChrisAU

WKR
I'm not criticizing - I simply posted to get some guidance. The issue is if I go by their instructions they don't have have a waist big enough for me, their sizes go up to 42. I just find it hard to believe that I am bigger than their biggest size. I am not fat. Again, 6' 2" 240-245. No doubt there are many people that are bigger than me - that also are not fat. I guess I need to pull up sizing threads to not clutter this one any more.

I actually find the sizing in the calves and thighs to be more off putting than the waist on some sizes. I’m not sure how anyone who has ever made a leg day can wear some of the pants haha

I actually find the sizing in the calves and thighs to be more off putting than the waist on some sizes. I’m not sure how anyone who has ever made a leg day can wear some of the pants haha
Haha. I don't skip leg day. I've learned just to size up in the waist and then pay a tailor $8. Kuiu still makes my favorite pants.