KUIU Sale

Phizix

FNG
Anyone liking the Versa jacket?
No experience with the versa. However, I just bought a 650 fill down jacket from Costco for $29.99. I love my Kuiu gear but it was too good of a deal to justify the extra expense even on sale. You may want to check it out. Just Google "Costco Gerry Men’s Sweater Down Jacket" and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

j33

WKR
I need an insulation layer that breaths. Right now I just pile on the merino layers with a Peloton as an outer layer. I thought I would like a Keni but the Versa looked good on sale.

Maybe the Kutana Hybrid? Would breath better as the back and below the arms is fleece while rest thin puffy. Considering ordering one myself to swap with my Peloton 240.
Hard to find many reviews of it though, looks not quite as warm as the Sitka Kelvin Lite

Moserkr

WKR
Maybe the Kutana Hybrid? Would breath better as the back and below the arms is fleece while rest thin puffy. Considering ordering one myself to swap with my Peloton 240.
Hard to find many reviews of it though, looks not quite as warm as the Sitka Kelvin Lite
I love my kutana hybrid, i have one for everyday and another for hunting. They are tough as nails against brush n stuff, but breath well so not great in wind. Warm in some spots where theres the 3dfx, but cool in others. Its a good 3 season jacket, but below freezing id plan on wearing something heavier or layering up. Not made to wear super down under it as its an athletic fit, down gets compressed, so i wore it on top last time out hunting in the 20s. $100 is a great deal on the sale price. Very underrated piece imo.

Reactions: j33
I love my kutana hybrid

Very interested in this piece, anyone wear it with a Peloton 97 underneath that can give feedback on wind resistance and warmth?

I tried a Sitka Jetstream vest this year and thought it was bogus, didn't block more than the slightest gusts and gets clammy on the move.

Moserkr

WKR
Very interested in this piece, anyone wear it with a Peloton 97 underneath that can give feedback on wind resistance and warmth?

I tried a Sitka Jetstream vest this year and thought it was bogus, didn't block more than the slightest gusts and gets clammy on the move.
I wore it all season with the peloton 118 ss. Thrives in the early season, not very warm by itself in the cold season. For example, wore the 118 and kt hybrid hiking in for the day with a 20lb pack when it was 20*/calm out. Breathes well enough to not get too sweaty after a few miles, but is not great blocking wind because of that. I would say moderately warm and moderate wind resistance. When i stopped hiking at 20* I was freezing and put on full super down to glass, but for me thats how i run my layers. Cold when hiking hard, layers when stopped to stay warm. Sweat management. The kt hybrid dries very fast which is nice. I ran the 200 merino under it another time and it helped a little bit in the cold. Thinking the strongfleece 260 could compliment it very well to get it into late season. Definitely an early-mid piece alone.

Reactions: j33

ChrisAU

WKR
Kuiu is now at 12% cash back on Active Junky as well! Use the link below to make an account and we'll both get $5 at the end of the quarter in addition to your cash back from purchases:

Just got my flyer from KUIU saying "The biggest sale of the year" save up to 40%. Went to there website and clicked on their biggest sale of the year and I can't find anything on sale. Am I missing something?
Seems fine, my only gripe is that the selection and colors are pretty limited. Some good options, but nothing amazing IMO.