Kuiu, Sitka, first lite

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Whitetail in the southeast. Treestand mainly. I have first lite base layers (furnace bottom, mid and heavy top) solitude bibs and solitude jacket. Somemunder armor pants my wife bought as a surprise that I'm kinda stuck wearing for a couple season(s). Anyway I have a few questions. First lite gear is in fusion pattern
1) does the latter look like a black blob or tree growth from 50 yards or so? I'm out of pocket so I can't just throw my stuff in the stand and look but still probably wouldn't be the same as someone in the tree? I know elevated was made for that kinda view so to speak but something about it isn't as appealing as fusion and Verde.

2) I get a discount on first lite and Sitka. Main reason for goin with first lite but I have a couple kuiu stuff and seems quality (although it's just the guide gloves and icon hat) I want to replace pants and was thinking of obsidian Merino pants or kuiu attack pants but I want to be able to layer underneath for cold and wear in hot south early bow hunting season. 80 degrees is not uncommon.

3) warmth isn't as big of a deal I'm finding out more and more as wind. Seems when I get to hunt it's 40 50 maybe 60 degrees. The tops of the first lite we're good but after a few hours the wind was taking a toll.( I didn't have jacket on due to the warmth) not sure what to do about that. I love the safety harness pass through and that's a must. But don't want to keep getting cut by wind.

Should I get some different peices of first lite? Supplement with kuiu? I mean I really do like the bibs slot. Haven't even worn the jacket as it seems to be to hot to wear but wind cuts through the top layers. The fanatic series seems maybe over kill but maybe stratus? Not sure how that would compare to the solitude jacket and bibs I currently have. I'd like to have a thin windproof layer.

HunterEng

FNG
I hunt whitetails in iowa and a couple trips out west....i would stick with firstlite and sitka for ur stand hunting. Kuiu is really designed for active mountain hunting. Not stand hunting. I do like all three company's though.

I would get the obsidian....they would be great for ur situation.

I use a sitka jetstream vest and or jacket in subalpine for wind in the 40s and below. They r great pieces

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Great info thank you! Good point about kuiu I didnt really think about. Alot of the gear is made for more active hunts.