Kuiu Sizing??? XL Guide Jacket = What Size Chugach Jacket?

dzlfarmboy

Lil-Rokslider
As the title reads, those that have the Kuiu Guide jacket and also the Chugach rain jacket was the sizing very similar. I know when I bought my Guide Jacket 5 years ago they ran smaller so I bought an XL when I'm typically a Large.

Thanks for any input fellas.

my L chugach is the same cut as my XL kutana soft shell. Should be the same with the guide. Large is plenty big to go over layers

Hmm So your thinking a Large will work?
Hmm So your thinking a Large will work?
Safe bet to ask kuiu directly but my experience is that if you want to wear chugach over warm layers order your normal size based on their size chart. It will be somewhat baggy if not wearing multiple layers but will fit over layers. I personally have a separate chugach I have a size down that fits better if I'm wearing during summer with just a t shirt. Has worked well for me but understand your not looking to buy 2. I found this out after buying the first, obviously I like the jacket.

Safe bet to ask kuiu directly but my experience is that if you want to wear chugach over warm layers order your normal size based on their size chart. It will be somewhat baggy if not wearing multiple layers but will fit over layers. I personally have a separate chugach I have a size down that fits better if I'm wearing during summer with just a t shirt. Has worked well for me but understand your not looking to buy 2. I found this out after buying the first, obviously I like the jacket.
Just to add to previous post to hopefully answer your question specifically about sizing. own two guides in 2xl and they fit like my xl chugach

OP
dzlfarmboy

dzlfarmboy

Lil-Rokslider
my L chugach is the same cut as my XL kutana soft shell. Should be the same with the guide. Large is plenty big to go over layers
Cool, I just tried on a friends Kutana that was large. It fit fairly well, maybe a tad snug on the stomach so I think a Large Chugach will work for me.

nastynick

FNG
I have a Kuiu Guide in XL and had the same question as you re: Chugach. I picked up the XL Chugach. It fits perfect for me. I’m 5’10.5” and 185lb. Average build. I would not have liked how tight the L would fit me. For me, in every upper body Kuiu product, I go up a size. Mostly because I don’t like short arms or really tight fits. Kuiu told me to get the L since it is meant to go over clothes. But I didn’t believe them based on experience.