Kuiu Storm Star Condensation

I recently picked up a Storm Star and am very impressed with the build - although, I am a little concerned about the condensation...

I’m about 6’5 and tested out the tent in a Magma 15 long (down) in pretty mild conditions (45-55f), and when I woke up, the outside of the footbox on my bag was damp. I would probably move my feet further away from the tent wall so there’s no contact, but it doesn’t seem feasible with my height and if I’m sharing the tent with my wife.

Any tips on how to prevent this from occurring or ways to keep my bag from getting damp/wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
I bet if you cut a hole in the end of the tent that your feet will be at, just big enough to fit the end of your sleeping bag through, you would be able to stretch out better without pushing up against the end of the tent. Also, it would save on weight.

I'm sorry I have nothing useful to ad lol

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
I bet if you cut a hole in the end of the tent that your feet will be at, just big enough to fit the end of your sleeping bag through, you would be able to stretch out better without pushing up against the end of the tent. Also, it would save on weight.

I'm sorry I have nothing useful to ad lol
Fair enough strategy nonetheless haha

Did you actually see condensation on the inside of the tent?
Did you wear damp socks to bed. If so it could of been the bag pulling the moisture out.

You could go to an ultra light bicycle like a bora
Or put the foot of your bag in a lightweight dry sack or make a little sack out of tyvek.

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
Did you actually see condensation on the inside of the tent?
Did you wear damp socks to bed. If so it could of been the bag pulling the moisture out.

You could go to an ultra light bicycle like a bora
Or put the foot of your bag in a lightweight dry sack or make a little sack out of tyvek.
The inside of the tent was damp where the bottom of the bag touched the wall - inside of footbox was bone dry, all of the moisture was on the outside of the bag. I was thinking something along the lines of your last suggestion.

I keep a contractor trash bag with me.
I can cut arm holes for a poncho or opn it up for a meat tarp.
Maybe throw one in and use it on your feet next time and see what you get?

Or possibly see if anyone is still making silnylon game bags.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's highly likely your bag was wet from your body sweating and moving the moisture out. It would be unlikely for only a certain spot of a tent to develop condensation.