Kuiu Storm Star tent reviews?

mcseal2

WKR
3 of us are going on a caribou hunt this fall and are looking at shelter options. It sounds like we will need a shelter to handle wind, there isn't much for terrain features to block it and no vegetation tall enough to slow it.

We are looking at our best shelter options. We are also considering buying or renting an 8 man Cabelas Alaskan Guide tent or using our Seek Outside 8 man tipi. The Cabelas tent we were looking at is over 40lbs and if we use the tipi we are concerned about with the wind. I love the tipi but haven't had it in terrible wind with nothing to slow it down before.

That has us looking at individual 4 season tents to sleep in and a 10x10 tarp with poles we can set up quick at camp to cook or sit under. I'm looking hardest currently at the Kuiu Storm Star 2 person. I can justify the cost as I would likely use it in the future. I am not sure a 40lb tent would be used on any future trip other than a repeat caribou hunt.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Any reason you aren’t considering a Hilleberg red? The Nallo 2 is the same size, weighs less, tunnel design is made to handle wind, and they are the standard in 4 season tents. It’s about $200 more but if I was getting dropped (assuming it’s a drop hunt), that $200 would be worth it to me to have the best. They also have free standing models.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
I will give them a longer look. I had looked at the black line but not the red.

i had a Rokslide member message me and offer to let me borrow his Storm Star and Hilleburg or his Cabelas Alaskan Guide 8 man. You can’t find better people than you will find on Rokslide!

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
If you look at the hille the nallo3 gt is a few ounces more and fits 2 people better then a 2p

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I will give them a longer look. I had looked at the black line but not the red.

i had a Rokslide member message me and offer to let me borrow his Storm Star and Hilleburg or his Cabelas Alaskan Guide 8 man. You can’t find better people than you will find on Rokslide!

That’s right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk