Kuiu Strongfleece 280 vs Kenai Ultra

PHo

WKR
Does anyone know how well these two compare to each other as far as warmth and breathability? I have the Kenai Ultra at the moment but find that it gets hot too quickly when I’m on the move.

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have the 280, but I have the Strong fleece 260 and i can barely wear it if doing anything active. It's warm and I'm usually sweating fairly quickly unless sitting still.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Am just curious. Why are you not removing layers when moving and then put them back on once you stop?

I too have the 260 and it is too warm for any physical activity.

OP
P

PHo

WKR
Am just curious. Why are you not removing layers when moving and then put them back on once you stop?

I too have the 260 and it is too warm for any physical activity.
That’s actually exactly what I do. I’ll start out in the morning with a base layer, a mid layer, and then the Kenai. I’m still a little cold at this point but as soon as I start hiking Im comfortable for about 15-20mins. Then I’ll have to take the Kenai off because it gets too hot. I just find it a hassle to take off and put on layers all the time. Ideally I’m looking for something comparably warm but a whole lot more breathable so that I don’t have to stop to take off layers often. If that doesn’t exist I’ll just continue to use the Kenai. So far it sounds like the Strongfleece option is not it.

I love my strongfleece 260. I use it to walk in on colder hunts stand hunting and its perfect. Not sure I would want to hike miles in it in a temp above the 40's though.

Anyone have the strongfleece 260 or 280 to compare to a sitka dakota hoody. Make a separate thread but never caught any traction. Need a mid layer for late season and outer layer for mid season. Mainly duck hunting but stand bow hunt as well.