Kuiu Strongfleece 280

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
I'd give the Sitka HW a slight nod in warmth, but the SF gets a nod in durability.
Would you have the 240 to compare for size? It sounds like you are my exact size at 5'11 205lbs. I do run a 44.5" chest. I have a 240 in Large and it fits absolutely perfect, and my Kutana Hybrid is XL and i feel as a mid layer it should be slightly tighter. Everything in Sitka i own is Large so i'm debating on a Heavyweight Hoody or this 280 right now for a mid piece

ChrisAU

WKR
Would you have the 240 to compare for size? It sounds like you are my exact size at 5'11 205lbs. I do run a 44.5" chest. I have a 240 in Large and it fits absolutely perfect, and my Kutana Hybrid is XL and i feel as a mid layer it should be slightly tighter. Everything in Sitka i own is Large so i'm debating on a Heavyweight Hoody or this 280 right now for a mid piece

Go for XL on the SF stuff, I also wear a Large in Peloton 240 stuff.

LongCut

FNG
I bought a 280 after reading reviews, for this past 1st rifle season in CO. I wore it over a peleton 97 1/4 zip for the first and third days, and was completely comfortable. Day 2 I needed the axis hybrid over those two, because it was in the 20s and windy.....Day 4 was t-shirt weather... I liked it so much that when I got home, I ordered one in a solid color for daily wear. It was my go-to outer garment all winter.

It is very warm for how light it is, does ok at blocking the wind, and the pockets are great. I read lots of complaints about the pass-through pocket (like you get on most cotton hooded sweatshirts), and the hood on the 260. Guys were saying if you put anything in the pocket of the 260, it would droop over your belt and hang there uncomfortably. If I remember correctly, the hood on the 260 is more "fitted", and when you put it on, it will pull up on the shoulders of the sweatshirt.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone able to compare the SF 280 to the kutana hybrid 3defx? I feel they may overlap and I do own the hybrid

H80Hunter

WKR
While we have a bunch of people here who know this stuff really well: how do these pieces compare as a treestand mid layer relative to the fanatic hoody or sitka apex hoody or traverse cold weather hoody?

i only have the sf 210 260 and the hybrid. and i mostly use the 210 and hybrid the 260 kinda overlaps. for a treestand mid layer the 260 has the best pockets compared to sitka.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know how the Kuiu strongfleece 260 and 280 compare to the Sitka Core Heavyweight Hoody?

OP
S

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
While we have a bunch of people here who know this stuff really well: how do these pieces compare as a treestand mid layer relative to the fanatic hoody or sitka apex hoody or traverse cold weather hoody?
So I have both the Strongfleece 210 and the fanatic hoodie and tried to replace the fanatic with the SF. It was not near as warm as the Fanatic so that piece will stay as my treestand midlayer and can’t really think of a warmer grid fleece honestly. Can’t speak for the SF 280 but if it’s generally the same material of the 210 then the Fanatic is much warmer as an insulator IMO. The SF 210 is now a brush busting piece pheasant hunting or duck hunting early season for me. It’s kind of like a fleece with a softshell outer layer but without the pit zips that my softshell has. Was going to wear the 210 out West as an outerwear in September but it was even too warm for that so replaced that with a first lite corrugate jacket. Not sure how my strongfleece will fit in my system going forward

Cxs03g

FNG
I bought a 280 after reading reviews, for this past 1st rifle season in CO. I wore it over a peleton 97 1/4 zip for the first and third days, and was completely comfortable. Day 2 I needed the axis hybrid over those two, because it was in the 20s and windy.....Day 4 was t-shirt weather... I liked it so much that when I got home, I ordered one in a solid color for daily wear. It was my go-to outer garment all winter.

It is very warm for how light it is, does ok at blocking the wind, and the pockets are great. I read lots of complaints about the pass-through pocket (like you get on most cotton hooded sweatshirts), and the hood on the 260. Guys were saying if you put anything in the pocket of the 260, it would droop over your belt and hang there uncomfortably. If I remember correctly, the hood on the 260 is more "fitted", and when you put it on, it will pull up on the shoulders of the sweatshirt.
Anyone had an issue wearing the hood on the 260? Looking at getting this for mid/late season CO hunt.

LongCut

FNG
Anyone had an issue wearing the hood on the 260? Looking at getting this for mid/late season CO hunt.
Zero issues here. I watched tons of reviews, and the hood was a complaint on other garments. Im guessing kuiu took this advice, because the hood on the 280 works very well and does not pull up on the rest of the garment when you use it.