Kuiu Summit Star 1p Tent

Cody_W

WKR
Hey guys,

I’m looking into an ultralight 1 person tent with a double wall. I like what the Summit Star 1p has on paper, but can’t find anyone’s review on it. Just the older Ultra Star. Does anyone have this recently updated integration of the tent orhave any other tents they’d recommend? I like the SO Silex too, but it’s a little heavier and requires 2 trekking poles. Also looked into the MSR Carbon Reflex 2

gexpro

WKR
i had the first gen and it was really bad. the condensation had nowhere to go but inside the bathtub floor, since it was all one piece. otherwise it was a good tent for minimalist use. the new version basically solved all of the issues the first gen had, as you know they separated the fly so now all of the condensation will just drip onto the ground and not "in" the tent.. i am assuming the condensation will be about the same amount, but a lot more manageable, just like any other single wall shelter design.

i have tried a kuiu 2p mountain star, it is a very solid tent and withstood winds of over 40mph.

End of the day, i now use a SO Cimarron and have not looked back. having a stove is the biggest game changer.
keeps your moral up, and keeps you in the hunt longer.

OP
Cody_W

Cody_W

WKR
A Cimarron and a U turn stove is what I run right now but have been entertaining a ultralight setup when I’m running solo and early season.