Kuiu super down pro pant?

*zap*

WKR
Anyone have some type of a review on these pants? Interested in warmth and noise issues. Thanks.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Only worn them around the house so far but I would characterize at Attack pants with some added features like bonded knee pads. Fabric seems maybe 10% heavier and tougher but very close to Attacks.

I have the super down ultra pants. It's a little hard to imagine needing more insulation, what is your intended use?

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Non active very cold weather sitting. Rather have more than less and could vent if necessary, at least that is my thinking. I would pair with kelvin down hoody.

mcseal2

WKR
I like them for sitting rifle hunting. They are warm but fairly loud. I wore mine part of 10 days whitetail hunting this gun season and they worked well in cold damp weather. They seem durable enough for glassing and are to warm to move much in.

Beendare

WKR
I have the cheaper of the 2 Kuiu down versions- I can't remember how they name them.

I use them for Backpack hunts, glassing, and pretty much now always have them in my pack as they are so compact and weight nothing. Love em. Full length zips are nice. I would use them for tree stand whitetails in a pinch...but if I knew beforehand it was going to be in cold weather I would chose bibs instead.

They aren't going to be super durable, very thin fabric that would rip pretty easily. I'm putting Tenacious tape on the knees of mine

They are plenty warm for me, I'm glad I didn't get the loftier version. I can't imagine needing those- if its THAT cold....I don't hunt. Noisy? Well yeah if you swish your legs together. I've worn mine in a GB and they weren't overly noisy. I don't walk around in mine.

You still need an insulated pad if you are sitting with these on the ground. Hope that helps.

ChrisAU

WKR
I have the cheaper of the 2 Kuiu down versions- I can't remember how they name them.

I use them for Backpack hunts, glassing, and pretty much now always have them in my pack as they are so compact and weight nothing. Love em. Full length zips are nice. I would use them for tree stand whitetails in a pinch...but if I knew beforehand it was going to be in cold weather I would chose bibs instead.

They aren't going to be super durable, very thin fabric that would rip pretty easily. I'm putting Tenacious tape on the knees of mine

They are plenty warm for me, I'm glad I didn't get the loftier version. I can't imagine needing those- if its THAT cold....I don't hunt. Noisy? Well yeah if you swish your legs together. I've worn mine in a GB and they weren't overly noisy. I don't walk around in mine.

You still need an insulated pad if you are sitting with these on the ground. Hope that helps.

How cold would you say the ultras are good for? I have FL Uncompahgres but I'm looking at these for the weight savings. Could shave 10 oz off my pack weight. They would be solely for when sitting glassing in the mornings, I'd say 15-20* would be the coldest (I hope anyway) I would call on them, and I'd have a merino base layer and FL corrugate guide pants on under them.

It really depends on a lot of factors, wind especially. I got a little cold in them when it was low 20’s and windy, but I was sitting in a treestand for hours and already let myself get pretty cold before I decided to put them on. Without them I would have climbed out of the tree though because I was miserable.

mcseal2

WKR
I don't have the Ultras, but the conditions you describe are where I feel like the Pro version shines. I don't feel like they are to warm for 20 by any means. I wore them on a windy, wet, 35 degree day and they were none to warm. I do wear less base layer with them in the pack though, I had on Aerowool boxers and 200 bottoms plus a Sitka Mountain or equivalent Kryptek pant under the Superdown Pro.

They are much warmer than the Kenai pants I have and also much more wind proof.