Kuiu Super Down Pro vs Stone Glacier Grumman

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for any of you gents that have first hand experience with both of these jackets. I want one for late season western hunting... or I guess glassing to be more accurate. Please offer your take. And........... go.

OP
Kylerjay05

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
There is several threads on this. They are both almost identical and seems to be personal pref on fit.
Have you personally used both? What do I stand to gain to spend the extra$70 on kuiu. Curious about material durability, quietness, stitching, fit, etc.

BBob

WKR
I own the Kuiu. I have not personally used or seen a Glacier. Looking over specs though they seem to be pretty equal in many ways. Differences I see with Kuiu: Stretch fabric, camo options and pit zips. I personally could care less about the fabric. Since I use mine mostly sitting high up on hillsides glassing I'd rather have camo than not. Pit zips might be part of what's driving a higher price tag. I like having the option and use the zips so I'd rather have them than not. The Grumman seems like a great jacket and a way to save some $$

Last edited:
Have you personally used both? What do I stand to gain to spend the extra$70 on kuiu. Curious about material durability, quietness, stitching, fit, etc.
I have. I just sold my Grumman. I placed a review that I thought it was better than the superdown pro, but after more use last winter I think the pro is loftier over time and much more durable. Every time I put the grumman on I lost a feather or two. If your going to rock the Grumman you mine as well get an arcteryx jacket or Rab or something similar. The fabric shell makes a huge difference for warmth in my opinion.

Depending on hunting style or location neither maybe warm enough for late season glassing. You can resell a super down pro with a 20-30 percent loss margin. That goes down if you use a kuiu coupon bday code. The same resell margin applies to the grumman. If you have the money I'd buy a couple jackets and test each and resell one next year, or buy both on paypal credit and send back whichever you like least for a refund.

When it comes to down jackets I would buy one from a mountaineering company if I can only have 1.

OP
Kylerjay05

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
I have. I just sold my Grumman. I placed a review that I thought it was better than the superdown pro, but after more use last winter I think the pro is loftier over time and much more durable. Every time I put the grumman on I lost a feather or two. If your going to rock the Grumman you mine as well get an arcteryx jacket or Rab or something similar. The fabric shell makes a huge difference for warmth in my opinion.

Depending on hunting style or location neither maybe warm enough for late season glassing. You can resell a super down pro with a 20-30 percent loss margin. That goes down if you use a kuiu coupon bday code. The same resell margin applies to the grumman. If you have the money I'd buy a couple jackets and test each and resell one next year, or buy both on paypal credit and send back whichever you like least for a refund.

When it comes to down jackets I would buy one from a mountaineering company if I can only have 1.
Very useful input. Thank you

mlgc20

WKR
For me, the pit zips are a must have on a jacket that warm. Nothing worse than overheating in the winter. There are other ways to dump heat. But, Pitt zips give you a much wider margin for error IMO.