Kuiu Talus vs Sitka Timberline

Arwhite90

FNG
Interested in opinions from anyone that has used either one, or better yet both. I am looking to use them on a 3rd season hunt in CO but also as a general cold weather outdoor and hunting pant back here in the Midwest. I own a couple of pieces of Sitka gear already and have been very happy with it, but have never owned any Kuiu.

i can wear the talus tree stand hunting down to 30 with the right layers. the waterproof bottom parts of the legs are great for the snow. just have to wash them a couple times to quiet down the waterproof panels. best part is when it warms up there are hip vents to dump heat

tracker12

WKR
I just got the Timberline pants this year. The quality is great as expected from Sitka. Fit is perfect for me. I am a 35" waist and opted to the 36 so I can layer iif needed. If temps are warmer I wear the Sitka Ascent. I don't like the dual color on the knees and seat but I do like the extra strength and waterproofness it gives, Great idea and will work great for me. I have not put them thru a season but do expect them to work for me.

Poser

WKR
I love the Timberlines for cold weather and winter. The Talus are very comparable, however the hip vents are a big +. I actually had hip vents added to my Timberlines. Removable knee pads on the Timberlines are a plus -I do use them but not all of the time.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Timberlines for colorado gun. They would be too sweaty in bow season specifically under the knees and butt. I wear Mountain pants in September. Kuiu dont fit me as well as Sitka for pants. Otherwise i would prefer the side zips.

OP
A

Arwhite90

FNG
I like my Timberlines for colorado gun. They would be too sweaty in bow season specifically under the knees and butt. I wear Mountain pants in September. Kuiu dont fit me as well as Sitka for pants. Otherwise i would prefer the side zips.
How would you describe the difference in fit? I’ve been able to try on Sitka, mountain and ascent, so I assume timberline will be good if I go with those. I have to order the Kuiu to to try so just trying to get an idea if I’d like them or not, they are a bit cheaper than the timberline, so there’s that.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I dont notice much difference between my mountains and timberlines. Last time i tried on kuiu attacks the crotch just seemed a little short and weird for me. Maybe thats changed since then, it was 3 or 4 yrs ago.The sitkas seemed more fitted to me. Only way to know is to try. Im the opposite on top. I prefer all kuiu versus sitka for shirts.