Kuiu Ultra 5500

Usi05

WKR
Anyone using the accessory pouch for this? I want the extra 425ci but can’t find anywhere online where it gives any details on attachment points other than one review.

Also, anyone running some belt pouches that they would recommend for the 5500 set up?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just mounted my 5500 to a new Exo frame because I like the simplistic design and light weight of the bag. Last year I used it on a Kifaru frame.

I guess I really haven't answered any of you questions.

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the accessory pouch is meant to be used along the the Load Hauler pack, essentially allowing you to turn the Load Hauler into a day pack. You might be able to mount it inside the backpack, on the back panel (the portion of the bag that sits against the frame, but on the inside). There are small webbing loops each side of the hydration pack clip, then there are a corresponding set towards the bottom. THough I'm not sure if it is the right dimensions to work there.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
I believe the accessory pouch is meant to be used along the the Load Hauler pack, essentially allowing you to turn the Load Hauler into a day pack. You might be able to mount it inside the backpack, on the back panel (the portion of the bag that sits against the frame, but on the inside). There are small webbing loops each side of the hydration pack clip, then there are a corresponding set towards the bottom. THough I'm not sure if it is the right dimensions to work there.

I’m real interested in trying to attach it somewhere to outside of bag to hold my tarp.

Ordered it today. Hopefully I won’t have any issues

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
To answer your other question; I run belt pouches on both sides but I mounted the Ultra 7000 to my Kifaru Lite frame so the Kuiu pouches aren't ideal. I like the EXO hip belt pouch design the best so I ended up sewing my own copy of the EXO hip belt pouches out of X-Pac and use the tri-glide Kifaru attachment rig.

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a sewing machine it would be very easy to modify your pack to mount the Accessory Pouch anywhere where you want it. You would only need to sew on four small webbing loops to the pack, preferably at existing seams. Heck, since its such a small job you could even sew it by hand.

hikenhunt

WKR
I use the Kuiu belt pouches and they work great. The newer suspension belt is thicker than the previous version so the older pouches won't work with it, you'll have to get the newer belt pouches.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Two options... can hook it to bottom of my pack with the additional webbing loops as is.

Will test this out with my shelter inside with Bivy and ground sheet.

Can also go to side of my pack and offset some of weight of rifle on opposite side.

Overall, even if I don’t add a few loops, I think I can make this work pretty well.

c8bed989d6db7036d9e2594c2f0e45f1.jpg

63698747b67a76aa6c3cbbcde392ee37.jpg