Kuiu ultra down hoody

Elc1973

FNG
How does this compare to the older version? I have the uncompaghre from first lite but have been eyeballing the Kuiu for a while now and they are only making the new version. I have a friend with the old one and he loves it. Anyone have any experience with these yet?

ianpadron

WKR
How does this compare to the older version? I have the uncompaghre from first lite but have been eyeballing the Kuiu for a while now and they are only making the new version. I have a friend with the old one and he loves it. Anyone have any experience with these yet?
I've tried one on. Fit is great compared to First Lite, much more athletic cut. Weighs 5.5 ounces, no joke. That's 1/4 the First Lite.

New baffle system looks to be an improvement over the old model.

Have not worn one outside but I always feel like a good puffy should feel like it's radiating heat the second you put it on and I got that from the Ultra.

I'll be picking one up when they go on sale.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
E

Elc1973

FNG
Well I ordered the coat and when I first pulled it out of the package I could not believe how light it was. Way lighter than the uncompaghre. I am 6' and 180 and I ordered a large and it was way small on me so I returned it for an XL not sure where they get their sizes from? Anyway I will have to see how it compares to my uncompaghre as far as warmth from the feel of it I don't think it will be as good but we shall see when I get the correct size.