Kuiu Ultra Merino Socks

rslscobra

FNG
Hello, does anyone on here have experience with the Kuiu ultra merino socks? If so, how are they and are they worth it? I have had surgery on both my feet and looking for some socks with extra cushion for comfort. Will be putting on alot of miles on my feet in the mountains. Thanks

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
Very cushioned, wear them every hunt. They are a bit warm when it's 80 degrees out. Definitely not a light weight merino.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have two different pairs, one more cushioned than the other. A word of caution, the padding can make the boot feel too small. My thicker pair actually creates hot spots when worn in my hunting boots.

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got several pair and it’s the only sock that I hunt/hike with... good cushioning and keeps the moisture wicked well. Fits snug, it not too tight and won’t slip down. They are well made. I use them even in warmer weather since it cushions so well. A bit pricey for a sock but when your in the back country.. dry feet mean a lot. For me it’s worth the price. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwpepper

FNG
Amazing sock. I run them with my Crispi Nevada’s (upsize), as the socks make your boots a little tighter and leather tends to shrink overtime. I put on 10+ miles a day and this combo has caused me zero issues. Highly recommend.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
Mine had a hole after like 2 days hunting I don't know if it was a manufacturing defect or what but I was NOT impressed. I buy darn tough now and that doesn't happen