Kuiu -- Valo Pattern

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
The Whitetail hunters are going to be disappointed for sure. I'll stick to my Verde 2.0. I don't really see anything game changing. It looks like Browning's Camo.

OP
The Ri Guy
What is this the 5 or 6th thread on this already this morning? Covid really is getting to us.
For some reason the old thread wouldn't show up when I searched it, this one can be deleted if someone with those powers wanders through.

I like the look of it. Seems like a good blend of the two patterns. Probably would work just about anywhere. But I think either of the other two will pretty much work anywhere so I won’t be changing any of my current stuff. I might get a few new pieces in the new pattern tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10ringer

WKR
They did a good job with that pattern. I think the Earth tones will appeal to more hunters vs their previous offerings.

corncob

WKR
I think it will work well for those in dry climates that want something they can take from the mountains to the desert, but also have some breakup of the big blocks of camo on Vias. Anyone wanting something for big game that will also work for turkeys or predators in somewhat forested environments will likely want to stick with Verde.

I do like it better than the Vias though. Always seemed to be like that was solely for alpine hunting and wouldn’t work as well below treeline or in close encounters in most environments. Never tried it out though.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Yeah, bummer that the pattern isn't available in the pieces I want. Very limited options - pretty much just the big sellers like the Guide line, Attack, etc. No peloton, which is my fav line at KUIU

I like it. I might pick up some tiburon stuff just becase Im doing spot and stalk antelope with a bow. The verde doesnt really blend too well in cheat grass. I also like thats its lacking the large black spaces. Animals like coyotes who see black and white will pick up on movement of solid black objects easier then just dark earth tone. So might do good as coyote pattern too.

Interesting. I sold off the few kuiu camo pieces I owned and now have mostly a mix of fusion and subalpine With a bit of real tree laying around. I gotta admit that one looks pretty cool to me. I have always liked multicam - regular and arid and found it incredibly versatile for military and faux tactical applications like paint ball, etc. this new kuiu pattern has a similar palette

I know, I know. Camo patterns only attract hunters, marketing gimmick, etc. however, I like to wear clothes that make me less visible to everything in the woods - Elk, deer, turkey, birds that are calling, squirrels that are pissed I am set up near their tree and even hikers and fellow hunters. I carry blaze orange year round and can use that or otherwise let someone know I am there if I want to, but it is more my choice to control. Fusion is far for where I hunt Most. Subalpine is a little “green” late in the season For eyes that can pick up color.

I am not rushing back into kuiu gear but I definitely like the looks of that new pattern more than their other offerings.

DEHusker

WKR
Meh, just brown verde 2.0. Gotta “improve” something every once in awhile I guess. Won’t be running out to get any anytime soon. Like my Verde too much.

excaliber

WKR
I never liked Vias at all. I have a Verde cap which is the only Kuiu piece I still own. I like it but nowhere near as much as Subalpine.

Last edited: