KUIU Valo thoughts

Haven't seen it in person yet, the older KUIU stuff I have has held up quite well (especially vs the First Lite I purchased @ the same time).

I'm all set for my whitetail gear, but am getting close to needing some new Western hunting stuff and really like the looks of the Valo camo (I know I know, camo isn't necessary, but I like it).

Thinking a new pair of Attack pants (Major brown looks slick), couple lightweight merino tops, one pair of merino bottoms. But outside of that, i'm not sure.

I'd love the Superdown Pro jacket and pants, plus a good set of rain gear. Just not sure I can justify the price @ this point.

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Love the Valo. I wear it out west as well in Missouri fall.

Attack pants are a great choice unless pushing through brush. They will pill pretty badly and thats where the Kutanas come in better.

The SDP is one of our favorite pieces from KUIU. We're actually running a 20 seat raffle on it right now if you're into that sort of thing.

As far as rain gear - I'd suggest the Yukon as the all around workhorse.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Love the Valo. I wear it out west as well in Missouri fall.

Attack pants are a great choice unless pushing through brush. They will pill pretty badly and thats where the Kutanas come in better.

The SDP is one of our favorite pieces from KUIU. We're actually running a 20 seat raffle on it right now if you're into that sort of thing.

As far as rain gear - I'd suggest the Yukon as the all around workhorse.
Interesting concept for the webinar, I don't use facebook however-can I still make an account?

Ramblr

FNG
Any particular gear I should focus on for this year? High country Wyoming archery mule deer hunt
I think you're on the right track. Rain shell for sure if only for when the wind starts howling.

Personally, I like Peloton 97 bottoms more than merino bottoms. If I need a second layer under my Attacks then it's cold enough that the 97s are the better option for me.

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
I think Valo was a great addition to their other camo patterns, I wear it to duck hunt and think it blends in great to various types of terrain and surroundings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominic06

FNG
I love the valo pattern. I bought a pair of kutanas, strongfleece 180, peloton 118ls, venture 2300, and a hat in valo. It blends in super good here in cali. I hunted deer in the summer and it blended in perfect. Right now I’m hunting spring turkeys and it blends in better than I expected for green tones. I would recommend this pattern for sure. I have had it all for almost a year and beat the shit out of everything, especially the pants. There are no tears or popped seams anywhere. I hunted last weekend and threw on some thermals underneath and I was dry and warm in these pants(it was in the 40’s when for a couple hours during the day and the grass was soaked, but the KDWR water repellent works really good and I was fine calling in turkeys on my butt with no cushion for a long time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk