Kuiu Venture 2300 for bow hunting pack

ChuckC

WKR
Anybody had experience with this pack? I bow hunt mainly and like to carry my bow on my pack as I have a few fairly long walks even on our lease and some 1-2 mile walks on public. Late season, I’ll walk in just in baselayers and put mid layers in pack and strap coat and bibs to the outside of the pack. Also I work out of pack for rattling bag or horns, contact rewetting solution, grunt tube, etc. I’ve got a Horn Hunter main beam that I love the layout of but straps just aren’t comfortable with a load.

I’ve got an offer for discount and free shipping, so I thought I might try it.

Btaylor

WKR
I have been using the Venture 1800 for whitetail hunting and it has been great. Have packed out a few deer with it now and now issues at all.

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
I use my Venture 2300 for deer hunting when I don't need to pack out quarters on my back.

If I am going to need to pack out quarters, I use my Ultra frame with either a 6,000 or 2,200 bag depending on how long I will be out.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
It's a very comfortable day pack. I like how low profile it is to my back. Never hauled meat in mine but wouldn't be afraid to load it down for shorter distances! As far as layout, there are plenty of pockets for organization and it expands nicely to carry your extra layers as need be. Rattling horns are always awkward to carry but I think the strapping would hold them nicely.
My only complaint is the same with all packs of similar material...it's not quiet!

Last edited: