Kuiu Venture 2300 Sizing and no exchange policy?

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a Kuiu Venture 2300 during their sale. The sizing guide stated the Medium was for people up to 5'10". I'm 5'8" exactly so I ordered the Medium. It arrived today and I have been trying it out and I think it's too small (short). I have to adjust the shoulder straps out quite a bit to the point of the chest strap being on the lowest setting for the waist strap to contact my hip bones at all.

I never thought I had a long torso but perhaps I do....

I contacted Kuiu and they said they cannot do size exchanges. I will have to return the backpack on my dollar and rebuy the size I want. It's unfortunately $70 more than when I bought it last week. So very disappointed as I love the bag.

OP
M

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
After some back and forth over email, they said they would honor the sales price on the Large frame if I called them! Now I'm happy! I'll report back on how the Large fits when it comes in.

OP
M

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
Here is an image of it with a bit of weight in the bag. The straps are adjusted out as far as is comfortable, leaving the very bottoms of the shoulder straps at my nipples. I'm used to the load lifters on my backpacks being about parallel to the ground. This was how I was taught to fit a pack when I was backpacking a lot more.

The waist strap is still about 1-2" too high. Pressing on my belly with my hip bones not contacting them unless I really relax my shoulders. Maybe I could make it work but no way this pack fits a guy 5'10"!

GvCIjZQ.jpg

Jbxl20

WKR
I’m 5’9” and haven’t noticed any issues with my 2300. Although I haven’t really hiked with a lot of weight. I usually just use it for travel or day trips. If im hauling any kind of load I use my EXO

OP
M

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 5’9” and haven’t noticed any issues with my 2300. Although I haven’t really hiked with a lot of weight. I usually just use it for travel or day trips. If im hauling any kind of load I use my EXO
Does your waistbelt ride on your belly?

Here is an image of it with a bit of weight in the bag. The straps are adjusted out as far as is comfortable, leaving the very bottoms of the shoulder straps at my nipples. I'm used to the load lifters on my backpacks being about parallel to the ground. This was how I was taught to fit a pack when I was backpacking a lot more.

The waist strap is still about 1-2" too high. Pressing on my belly with my hip bones not contacting them unless I really relax my shoulders. Maybe I could make it work but no way this pack fits a guy 5'10"!

GvCIjZQ.jpg
Looks like a perfect fit to me. The one thing about Kuiu. They are built to minimum specs. I’ve owned three of their frames and every one has fit me like that.

Everybody is different. But, my guess is your belly button is right below your forearm. Which suggests the belt is low if anything. Not too high. Keep in mind, I’m basing that on my dimension.

Eitherway, you do have a long torso. And, I’m betting the larger harness is going to give you enough room for the best setting. Good luck.

Jbxl20

WKR
So I just went down and put my 2300 on and looked in the mirror. I wear mine a lot higher than what you have pictured. My buckle almost covers my belly button.

I got two 1800s for my son and me. His in medium and mine in large. Got them for a day pack only for hikes, fishings, varmint hunting. Hopefully they work out well. I have my fulcrum for big game hunting. Compresses small enjoy and when we kill I can take a heavy load out.