Kuiu Venture or Hiking Pack

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
Next on my gear list is a backpack.

I will be day hunting tree stands and blinds in OK fairly close to the truck/house. I don’t have any need for a meat hauler with this pack. If I end up out west in the future I’ll get something better suited for hauling. What I will be using it for is water, food, extra clothes, knives, lights, etc.

The Kuiu Venture 2300 has been at the top of my list, with the sale I am about ready to pull the trigger.

However, I stopped into REI today to look around and they had a Gregory and Osprey packs in neutral colors.

I know a lot of guys are using some traditional outdoor clothing instead of hunting brands. Would a hiking pack offer anything over the KUIU or should I stick with my initial plan on the Venture?

TheTone

WKR
I’m not sure it will offer any different but buying the kuiu puts money into a hunting company. I don’t think you can say the same with the others

KUIU Venture is a great choice for day hunts where you're not going to be packing a ton of meat. I used one for years and it never let me down.

GilG

FNG
I have an Osprey Kestrel 32 and a Venture 2300. I like the Venture more specially for whitetails. Here it is with a Predator platform and a Muddy onstick . I also added an Exo lid for late season. It carries my saddle, rope, snakcs, 3l water bladder and insulating layers.

Attachments

• 20220708_234320.jpg
    20220708_234320.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 50
OP
B

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Osprey Kestrel 32 and a Venture 2300. I like the Venture more specially for whitetails. Here it is with a Predator platform and a Muddy onstick . I also added an Exo lid for late season. It carries my saddle, rope, snakcs, 3l water bladder and insulating layers.

Awesome, the Kestrel was one of the bags I was looking at. I’m about 90% to going with the Venture, I will probably order in the morning.

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I do find that in a tree with a bunch of stuff camp can be pretty important. When you think about the amount of things up there, solid colors can stand out, especially in the winter. Some non-hunting bags are OK but many have reflective bits on them that I suspect (but can't prove) that stand out to deer.

The Venture also has a somewhat unique hip belt for a day pack in that it's a real padded belt (not just a 1" strap and has large, useable pockets on it.

OP
B

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I went ahead and ordered the venture 2300 and some gaiters.

Thanks guys