Kuiu Verde pattern - What is your experience?

I don't think camo helps much with big game vision. But I also don't think it hurts. So if your confidence is wavering, you might as well have camo. I like Kuiu's Verde camo. It blends as well as anything where I hunt. I've never hunted in Ireland, but I've visited. Of the patterns I own, Verde would be my first choice.

I'd consider trying Ozonics with the salsa verde and the verde 2.0. Elite hunters everywhere are using Ozonics.

It's also possible that Kuiu slipped some original verde out to their international customers figuring they wouldn't know the difference. Original verde (OV) was known to spook game, which led to it selling at deep discounts before 2.0 was launched. This was a widely discussed topic among elite apex hunters.

jayhawk

WKR
I find that I can pound coffee, eggs & sausage or bacon covered in hot sauce in the morning without risk of alerting my prey thanks to verde. To unleash the full capabilities of the verde pattern you MUST use verde salsa on your eggs and pre-load the night before with some kind of mexican dish doused with salsa verde.

The other issue could be your hat. Many elite hunters on the internet wear flat bill hats to confuse their prey.
Yes, but what about 2-day old egg mcmuffins and ramen? Does Verde let you go to pound-town on those?

vic821

FNG
I’ve used kuiu for years and the verde pattern has worked great for me. Great for Colorado and Texas where I’m at.

Elkbelch

FNG
My dad has me on an 8mm film in full pumpkin orange with a spike and six or so cows about three feet from me. The orange vest was solid with no Camo pattern. It was muzzleloader season and I only had a bull tag. They knew I was there but never reacted to my orange. It was 1990 something maybe they’ve learned something since then but I doubt it. This was on public land

Shawn

AZ8

WKR
All it takes a one small swirly wind gust and the gig is up!

Sometimes it’s subtle and you’re standing there like WTF just happened?

Hoodie

WKR
I do as stated the following day I was able to half the distance while ewaring a solid colour.

Yeah I know. It's just that when you consider how many small things can get you busted, it would be very difficult to attribute the difference in outcome of those two stalks to something like camo.

It's too small a sample size to draw a meaningful conclusion. But by all means wear solid colors. It's all I wear. But it has more to do with cost/versatility than effectiveness.

Yes, but what about 2-day old egg mcmuffins and ramen? Does Verde let you go to pound-town on those?
Well of course it does! Just use a liberal amount of VERDE salsa and you're golden.

Just avoid Mtn Ops or anything labeled "chili mac" and you're gonna be hammering boone & crocket critters like it's your job.

My dad has me on an 8mm film in full pumpkin orange with a spike and six or so cows about three feet from me. The orange vest was solid with no Camo pattern. It was muzzleloader season and I only had a bull tag. They knew I was there but never reacted to my orange. It was 1990 something maybe they’ve learned something since then but I doubt it. This was on public land

Shawn
Elk 101 has educated the elk to avoid pumpkin orange. The course is administered during the summer by mature bulls and lead cows. There's a lot of info about Elk 101 online if you use the search function on your favorite browser. Just be sure your computer or phone doesn't autocorrect to MILF 101 when you perform the search.

Verde 2.0 solves many of these problems for the elite hunter.

Been using the Verde pattern for years. Have had deer bed down within 20 yards and look right at me unalarmed, many times.
The things that gets you noticed is;
- Movement
- Smell (if they are down wind)
- and wearing Eye glasses

kpk

WKR
I've been wearing verde hunting whitetails since it came out and think it works quite well. Lots of deer have given me the 5 minute stare and I don't recall them ever picking me out unless they caught movement or scent. Bowhunting a heavily populated area so typically inside 40-50 yards.

Fullfan

WKR
Works well for me

Attachments

• 453E9B61-1570-462E-A0C3-936C91C9AA77.jpeg
    453E9B61-1570-462E-A0C3-936C91C9AA77.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 47
What was the sun like?
Was it making the clothing shine?

I find synthetic clothing quite reflective/ glossy.

Any exposed skin, then obviously movement and noise. Could just be bad luck.

Marble

WKR
Camo patterns don't really matter too much.

Ungulates see in a horizontal pattern and have eyes designed to pick up on movement, rather being able to focus on a particular object. They are basically red/green color blind, some can see some spectrums of blue but all will see ultraviolet light. Some detergents have UV brighteners in them and will cause your clothing to glow no matter what fabric/color is. That is why it is important to wash clothes ina detergent that has no UV brightness.

It wasn't the camo that busted the OP.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
Glendine

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Camo patterns don't really matter too much.

Ungulates see in a horizontal pattern and have eyes designed to pick up on movement, rather being able to focus on a particular object. They are basically red/green color blind, some can see some spectrums of blue but all will see ultraviolet light. Some detergents have UV brighteners in them and will cause your clothing to glow no matter what fabric/color is. That is why it is important to wash clothes ina detergent that has no UV brightness.

It wasn't the camo that busted the OP.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Many thanks for your suggestion regarsing the UV its worth a try.

Regards,
Glendine.

Many thanks for your suggestion regarsing the UV its worth a try.

Regards,
Glendine.
To that end, I'm not sure how long it takes to break down a previous treatment with fabric brighteners. Also, many "free and clear" detergents still contain the brighteners (ALL, Tide, Oxi-Clean, etc.) You really have to read the label and possibly look up the complete ingredients list.