Kuiu vs Sitka gear

DoubleR92

FNG
Kuiu vs Sitka gear or other gear?
Hey guys just curious if these two clothing companies are worth the price tag they set? I’ve got some older clothing and looking to get into a little higher quality. Some family members and friends have both and have good and bad things to say. Just wondering what some opinions might be out there on these two companies or any other brands for that sake.
Thank you

j33

WKR
Watch for sales and used ones, they aren’t that bad at all when you take resale into consideration.

I mostly have a mix and match of solid colours so I use them around home too. When you compare them to good quality other clothing (Arcteryx), they are priced reasonably. Don’t compare them to crap Walmart camo clothes, compare them to high performance clothing.

Sitka is better quality and warranty support

Kuiu is lighter and my opinion better performing clothing. I mostly run Kuiu

Lots of other good brands too

OP
D

DoubleR92

FNG
Watch for sales and used ones, they aren’t that bad at all when you take resale into consideration.

I mostly have a mix and match of solid colours so I use them around home too. When you compare them to good quality other clothing (Arcteryx), they are priced reasonably. Don’t compare them to crap Walmart camo clothes, compare them to high performance clothing.

Lots of other good brands too
Awesome thank you sir!

Brett01b

FNG
Both amazing brands but I’d give the nod to Sitka. Their gear continues to evolve and they invest a ton into their R&D. Not to mention the service is the best, you get a rip in something they will send you a patch in a couple days, seam let’s loose they will repair it or send you new. Kuiu has good products as well but to me Sitka #1

PHo

WKR

This. Sitka is just a little heavier, and although I’m not an ounce counter, it does make a difference. I have full systems from both brands. Switching between both systems on my elk hunt last fall I was able to tell an obvious difference between the performance of the two brands. The Kuiu stuff just dries faster and keeps me comfortable for longer periods of time over Sitka. But, the Sitka stuff fits better.

Reactions: j33

Hondo

WKR
Both have good gear but I would encourage you to not restrict yourself to a single brand. I have a number of pieces of Sitka, Kuiu and First Lite (+others) and they all have their standouts. Study this forum and the product reviews to determine which standout products might fit your needs.

As far as being worth the price, that is very subjective. While not a necessity, quality gear sure makes hunting more enjoyable. Personally I have a hard time justifying paying full retail price for high end hunting clothing so I shop the sales and classifieds for deals as much as I can.

Both brands make quality products. Use the systems correctly and you’re dressed for any occasion

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
I have used both and yes IMO they are worth the money. Something that has not been mentioned is how each fits. Order what you want from each and see how the fit is to you and go with it. I have compared both in terms of weight and the KUIU is lighter but I found the Sitka to fit me better and to be more durable/comfortable to me. That's just my experience between the two. If you watch the classifieds and eBay, you can pick up a ton of gear at reasonable prices.

harris611

FNG
I finally fully switched to Sitka this year vs. mixing and matching. Man, expensive but I have never been happier or more comfortable in the deer woods. I wish I had just committed a decade ago. I had a couple Sitka pieces, a couple First Light, a KUIU set, and some misc. Badlands. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but going to one flavor and at Sitka-level quality and thoughtfulness of design made a big difference. Maybe because all the layering were truly made to work together / nest. Whatever it was (maybe even a little placebo effect), results were worth every penny. I bet I added an additional 20% on-stand time this year just because I was more comfortable and lasted longer or was willing to pull a couple more all-day sits.

It’s hard to beat kuiu for mountain hunting. Whitetail woods Sitka takes the crown. Also check out First Lite... they have some nice stuff

NoWiser

WKR
Each company has strengths and weaknesses and those may vary by hunter. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Also don’t be afraid to look at non-hunting brands.

I run kuiu for almost everything. It’s a little more expensive but it is worth it. 14 day CO elk hunt during the archery season in 2019, only came back to the truck from 9 miles in to result on food and it performed amazingly. Everything from 70 degree weather to gropple and in the 20s. Super light but incredibly durable. The sizing is very good, except on jackets go a size up. I’m 6’3 230lbs and run XL for tops except hoodies and jackets.