Kuiu vs Sitka

I own both and like both, KUIU tends to run small and is athletic fit. Sitka runs a little more true to size. Hard to get sizes right since KUIU is online only, but once you buy a few pieces you get sizing figured out. I like the fact that I can try on Sitka before purchasing.

Tx270WT

FNG
Both have great pieces of gear. Both also have very niche gear. Matching what you expect to use it for in particular environments and seasons goes a long ways. FL under layers are amazing. Only piece of kuiu I have that I’m not happy with is the peloton 240, it doesn’t fit well and I don’t feel like it is the wind stopper layer that many rave about on this site. Kuiu pants are great. Love both by guide and axis

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
Despite everything I shared earlier, I'm unhappy with my Kuiu. Let me be clear, the garments are nice; they're built well, seem durable, I love the pattern, they function perfectly, but they are not the right cut for me. Kuiu is what I would call "trim athletic fit". The tops are like a "V" shape. It does not fit dad-bod. You would need to size up, and even in doing that, it will fit funky.

My Kuiu tops for instance fit perfect everywhere except my belly. Sleeves are the perfect length, shoulders are good, hoods are great, overall length is good, but once I zip around the ol' belly... it feels too tight. If I was out shopping for normal daily clothes and I tried on something that fit me this way it'd go back on the rack.

That's my personal dilemma. The clothes don't fit me right but I keep hanging on to them because I have a desire to get back into shape, at which point they would fit me perfectly.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I dont have much experience with Kuiuhaving only had some pants for a short spell. But they seemed good. Just a little noisy. I do have a lot of Sitka and quite a bit of Kryptek. I think the Kryptek altitude stuff is the best on the market and Sitka is a close second. I don’t have experience with first lite. From what I recall Kuiu and Sitka were equally well made. But kuiu had some unique features like zip off base layers and hip vents. Best bet is to try them for fit and features and buy the one that fits your body and hunting style.

rclouse79

WKR
Just spent an hour this weekend sewing patches and redoing seams on my kuiu attack pants that have two archery seasons on them. If I decide to pay an arm and a leg for pants again I will try Sitka to see if they hold up better.