KUIU Youth Clothing Review ***Updated 12/12/21***

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still rolling strong with the puffy and hat as active layers.

67a8b0fad4b4e5dde595324ad1ffc801.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forsythe

FNG
Enjoyed reading this thread. My son is 10 and was able to hunt for the first time this year in MT. He harvested a cool little buck. He has been wearing some Sitka youth gear we got from a friend. I’ve been impressed with it, but somewhat heavy. I’m very interested in kuiu youth gear and now feel pretty comfortable looking to buy some. I’ll keep an eye out on the classified forums here. Thanks

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Enjoyed reading this thread. My son is 10 and was able to hunt for the first time this year in MT. He harvested a cool little buck. He has been wearing some Sitka youth gear we got from a friend. I’ve been impressed with it, but somewhat heavy. I’m very interested in kuiu youth gear and now feel pretty comfortable looking to buy some. I’ll keep an eye out on the classified forums here. Thanks
You won't be disappointed. The Sitka gear is tough as nails but it's not nearly as comfortable or fitted as well as the Kuiu gear.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Boy the goat looks like in Hawaii. Thinking of pulling the trigger on aset for my son for the youth axis hunt coming up this year. If he out grows it maybe pass down to his sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man upstairs never spares and ounce of paint. We’re rolling strong into ‘22 with zero complaints or issues on any of the gear.

93a5e777e8e425ac7b003e8140b1a33b.jpg

TXHunt

FNG
What are y'all doing for the kids bottom half....base layer, insolation, and outerwear? The only thing I see on the Kuiu site for kids is warm-weather pants. For reference, he wears size 16 regular in Wrangler jeans.

Last edited:
OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are y'all doing for the kids bottom half....base layer, insolation, and outerwear? The only thing I see on the Kuiu site for kids is warm-weather pants. For reference, he wears size 16 regular in Wrangler jeans.
Kids base layers for us have been the 32 Degrees line from Costco. Women's mid layers in XS or Small usually have enough range of size that they'll work for most boys/girls. My girls also wear insulated leggings in the winter months under their shells.