KUIU Youth Clothing Review ***Updated 12/12/21***

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
I’m glad you brought this up because it’s very important to me. This is in no way directed at anyone in particular, more so just my observations in the field here in Alaska.

Kids hunting in the same clothes they wore to school during the week is a recipe for disaster. We all preach cotton kills, yet there’s kid after kid hunting in cotton every year. How can a kid be expected to love hunting when they’re cold and miserable? I push my girls very hard and I want to equip them with every advantage I can.

The last set of Aubrey’s gear came from the Rokslide Classifieds. After several seasons of hard use it still looks brand new and has been promised to a buddy of mine who has a young boy.

Retail on the pants, two jackets, base layer shirt, beanie is barely over $400 combined. We can get multiple seasons and give multiple kids a positive outdoors experience for that amount. I see it as an investment into my kids and the future of hunting for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said and I couldn’t agree more!

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have or know of a free shipping code for KUIU. I ordered the jacket and pants for my son. We decided to add the LS shirt. Trying to avoid $8 in shipping if possible. I might call them in the morning to see if they can add the shirt to the order but it might be too late.

I do if you still need! Let me know and I can PM you.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another weekend in the woods. First real test of the Rubicon Jacket, my only critique on that jacket so far would be to add a drawstring at the waist. I was a little worried that this jacket would be redundant to her versa puffy however they’re very different. The Rubicon is not as warm but it’s more wind resistant and a much tougher material.

1c09080900a0ade79a5f5a523b0c0303.jpg

Aubrey is loving her little Tenkara rod for a light packable setup.

3f259c3a6f8f994547bd278ae7b8badd.jpg

I don’t want to derail the thread but what are you guys using for a quality youth base layer? Any merino out there?

Another weekend in the woods. First real test of the Rubicon Jacket, my only critique on that jacket so far would be to add a drawstring at the waist. I was a little worried that this jacket would be redundant to her versa puffy however they’re very different. The Rubicon is not as warm but it’s more wind resistant and a much tougher material.

1c09080900a0ade79a5f5a523b0c0303.jpg

Aubrey is loving her little Tenkara rod for a light packable setup.

3f259c3a6f8f994547bd278ae7b8badd.jpg
Between the base layer, puffy, and the outer layer, she should be warm down into cooler temps.
My son is very happy with the gear, visually and fit, but yet to try it out. We are in Idaho and it's too warm already.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
1bac7e11a77fbe5be11255dc7dad7e1f.jpg

Little sister is up to bat for a bear this spring. Had bears on the cam but none we’re looking for just yet. Feels like it’s her year though!

The Rubicon Jacket is certified mosquito proof! The longer tail really helps keep them out of your waistline when seated.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
No bears last night but the fishing was great. The little Tenkara was tearing it up.

59ed54afd6c05f36f1e5861e1cd18e6b.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy Fourth of July everyone! We spent the weekend scouting and trying to be as ready as we can be for grandma’s sheep hunt this fall. Found a monster dead head, wouldn’t mind finding his twin!
40”x14-1/4”

The gear continues to impress. This trip had a ton of water crossings and the dry time is on point with the adult lines.

3252e79995aa08ad626f8c12eadc42c7.jpg

c0cbe8af05371bef30ebfc27412748b4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Took the youngest out to get her ready for caribou this fall. Had her shoot out to 250 yards which should easily do the trick. The wind was ripping and the Youth Versa Jacket came in clutch. I’m so impressed with this gear!

5dcacbf14cd2ceef8a1ef8ed22518dda.jpg

K5Hunter

FNG
Excellent info, I own a couple pieces of the Kuiu line but had no idea they made a line for kids. I know what my son and daughter will be getting for Christmas. Much appreciated.

awesome review. I think I'm sold now.. I almost threw some of this into my cart the other day but i'm always on the fence about buying stuff for kids because of the "out grow it" factor.. I never really thought to resell in here on Rokslide

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
The stuff is easily good for 2-3 kids before it’s used up.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hinkraka