kuiu zamberlans

thoughts on the kuiu zamberlans?
im excited to see what they come up with and hopefully with the zamberlan factory behind them they can keep up and not have everything backordered ;)

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
Zams a nice boot, a bit to narrow for me tho. I like the Hanwag Alaskan. Will be interesting to follow the Kuiu/Zam product tho.

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
I am sure it will be a great boot, Need to see more about it as the development progresses. I got the gaitors on preorder as they were developing them, and I am really satisfied with ow they fit and function. Hope the boots are the same.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 pair of zamberlans and don't see how they could go wrong. Great boots.

sk1

WKR
Given up on Kuiu fullstop, so difficult to actually find a product in stock.

i agree it's hard to keep ordering from them knowing you might not have an item for 6 months, but they do seem to make some of the better stuff on the market...i've thought about doing the same thing, but i have the gear i need for this season other than the attack pants....so ill just keep ordering a few more things in the off season and ill be set for next year. it sucks, but i guess sometimes quality gear is worth the wait. that being said sitka does have some darn good gear also, little bit more pricey but if you have the cash and don't want to wait, definitely a comparable alternative

I got into Kuiu pretty early and they have rewarded me nicely with emails letting me know about new inventory and such. I have all the Kuiu gear I need and didn't really have much trouble acquiring it but as the popularity of it has increased I can see how it has become more difficult. It is worth the weight and the discount to Sitka gear.

I am sure it will be a great boot, Need to see more about it as the development progresses. I got the gaitors on preorder as they were developing them, and I am really satisfied with ow they fit and function. Hope the boots are the same.

Can you comment on the 'quietness' of those gaitors? I have some ski-brand softshell pants that are a it 'scuffy'. Was thinking if I added gaitors that might make them more usable in a hunting situation.

OP
fillthefreezer
Can you comment on the 'quietness' of those gaitors? I have some ski-brand softshell pants that are a it 'scuffy'. Was thinking if I added gaitors that might make them more usable in a hunting situation.

i would say theyre about as quiet as you could expect out of a hardshell... not silent but not swishy. definately not fleece though. i love em