KUTANA Question

HarvDog

FNG
Looking at buying used so I have sizing questions

I always hear siZe up with KUIU, but it seems people are screaming it when it comes to the Kutana Soft shell and Kutana pants.

Im a large in KUIU base layers, Kenai vest, Peloton 240 and wear size 34 in the Attacks.

5’8 190, wider in the shoulders
Should I go XL Soft Shell and 36 Pant or stick with my Large

Shoes

FNG
I am 5'8, 185lbs. 39 inch chest. 33 inch waist. I went with a large and am happy with fit. I can also pretty comfortably fit a medium Kryptek Ghar puffy under it.

OP
HarvDog

HarvDog

FNG
I am 5'8, 185lbs. 39 inch chest. 33 inch waist. I went with a large and am happy with fit. I can also pretty comfortably fit a medium Kryptek Ghar puffy under it.

How long is the L on you?

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m 6ft and 205lbs, don’t have the pants but have the jacket and went XL. That is my normal size, it fits athletically for sure but fit a merino base layer, peloton 210 and 260 strong fleece comfortably. I have heard the pants are a lot smaller than all their other pants, hadn’t heard that as much in the jacket.

Shoes

FNG
How long is the L on you?
It is about an inch longer than my large ultra merino 210 pullover. The zipper is 26 inches long, fully zipped the top sits at my Adam's apple, if that helps give you a reference. There is also a noticeable drop in the rear hem, pretty much covers to the bottom my juicy squat booty.

Could always order both and wear around the house to see which you prefer

Looking at buying used so I have sizing questions

I always hear siZe up with KUIU, but it seems people are screaming it when it comes to the Kutana Soft shell and Kutana pants.

Im a large in KUIU base layers, Kenai vest, Peloton 240 and wear size 34 in the Attacks.

5’8 190, wider in the shoulders
Should I go XL Soft Shell and 36 Pant or stick with my Large
If 34 attacks are snug on you I would go 36 pant, if they are comfortably loose and need a belt stick with 34. I wear 34 attacks but they are tight because 36 are too big, tried on a friends 36 Kutana pants that I ordered and they fit about like a 35 if Kuiu made one but not as big as a 36 attack.

I’m about your size, 6’0 185. I have the XL kutana because I wanted to fit a ton of layers under it. I can put a superdown pro under it and not feel too terribly snug. The large would fit more true to size, but could only layer maybe a regular down jacket. Awesome jacket btw.

OP
HarvDog

HarvDog

FNG
I’d like the sizing to allow my base, Kenai vest and Peloton underneath. I’d rather have it a little snug with layers over baggy when worn alone.

swampokie

WKR
I’m your exact size and the kutana is baby gap sized. Get the xl and it will fit perfect. The 34 attacks will also be close to perfect for u.

Outlaw99

WKR
I’m a 30” waist in everything; received my kutana’s and promptly returned them for 32’s. i love the pant, but it definitely takes a size up or so to get the correct fit. At least relative to most other pants

FURMAN

WKR
I’m size 30 pant large everything else. I think the KUIU fits as expected. The only clothing I think fits wrong is firstlite. I have to size at least one size down with fl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shoes

FNG
Did a fat guy in a little jacket experiment for S&Gs. I was able to get on quite a few layers under a large Kutana and still zip it and move, shoulder a rifle, sit like I was glassing. In order I was able to fit a t-shirt, large ultra merino 210 quarter zip, medium FL Sawtooth, medium Kenai ultra vest, medium Kryptek Ghar puffy, large Kutana, large Chugach nx. Definitely was a bit tight in the chest, but I could still hunt if I needed. If all those layers under the Kutana aren't enough, I don't want to know what hell I've landed in.

Unless you're over an honest 40 inch chest or long armed, I say go for a large.

I’ve got the hybrid jacket and had to go 2xl on it. An xl was too tight in the shoulders but the 2x is perfect with a couple layers under it.

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 5'8" and weigh 170. I have a 33" waist and if pants are snug it is in the thighs and butt.

I wear 34's in attacks, and they are about an inch or so too big in the waist.

I purchased 34" and 36" KUTANA pants, with the plan to send back the ones I didn't like. I got the 34's in vias b/c they didn't have the solid in 34's. I kept them both. The 34's feel form fitting (in the legs and the waist fits great, like a 33), but they stretch and move with me and make great archery pants (very little swish due to the form fit. The 36's are a lot looser in the waist, but the legs are a little baggier (traditional) fit, if that make sense. I haven't worn base layers under the 34's (yet) (If I had to wear base layers I'd probably be wearing attacks anyways.)

I think the Kutana pants are my favorite pants for AZ desert so far. I think these are as cool as tiburons, but much more durable. I've worn them down to pretty cool temps too, and they've worked fine. They handle burrs and what not much better than the attacks. I'm not a fan of the front pockets, but that is probably my only dislike.

I also have the Kutana hybrid jacket. I got that in a medium. I have about a 38" chest. It is pretty form fitting, but that is how I wanted it. If I wanted to layer under it I'd need a large. I have a mix of large and med jackets from KUIU, depending on how I want them to fit. I'm probably technically a medium, but I sometimes like them slightly bigger.

Hope that helps some.

Scotto

WKR
I wear 34's in Attacks, and the 34 Kutana's are slightly tighter. the Kutana in 36 was def too big. I really wanted a 35 in Kutana but...........went with 34s. I figured while I lose weight during Elk season the fit will improve.
I really did like the Kutanas.