Kydex Bear spray holster

I am heading out west this season and I’m looking for a bear spray holster. Has anyone seen a Kydex holster to hold bearspray. I like the idea of a more rigid holster versus the traditional softsided with the safety strap. Thanks for your help.

wseidel

WKR
I'm not aware of one in Kydex but I have one from Mystery Ranch (soft/sewn) that attaches to my hip belt and stays rigid/secure/easy to draw (due to the wide attachment sleeve). So, if you're using a pack and don't find one in Kydex, this gives you another option. Hope this helps...

Stealth gear has one. Works good, did a safariland els mole mount on my off hand side of my pack belt and then had drilled a female connector onto a bladetech dropped offset holster. Allows me to switch it over to my belt whether the I am carrying a pack or not. Had to hike with a bunch of boy scouts so no open pistol in denali. So rigged this up so could always have it on the belt or pack. Took about 4 weeks for delivery was my only gripe.

Attachments

• 20200811_090517.jpg
    20200811_090517.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200811_090510.jpg
    20200811_090510.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 31
Udap makes one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FQWMKVK?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I used that one 2 years ago, as I liked the idea I could just 'grip it and rip it' out without having to fiddle with a piece of velcro. Worked fine until I took a spill down a rock slope. I heard a loud crack as I went down and then watched my spray and what was left of the holster slide past me and down into the fast moving creek, 75 feet below.

I switched to the MR holster after that. Might take me another second to get it out, but at least it will be there.

I prefer to have my spray attached to my bino harness. The stretchy UDAP one that comes with the spray will fit over the top straps of my AGC bino harness and the spray sits perfectly right on top. I do not drop my pack often, but unless I am taking on or off a layer, my bino harness is always on.

Domer186

FNG
I am heading out west this season and I’m looking for a bear spray holster. Has anyone seen a Kydex holster to hold bearspray. I like the idea of a more rigid holster versus the traditional softsided with the safety strap. Thanks for your help.
HYKR.ca awesome holsters

Dskinn

FNG
Following. But cary mine on a carabiner on chest strap. Never too far away from it when in the Rockies.