Kydex IWV Holsters

I have had a kydex/leather hybrid (Crossbreed style) for 7-8 years for my Glock 19. While I generally like the holster, it doesn’t have the best retention in the world and the leather on the skin side is starting to get a bit rough (especially when sitting) to the point that sometimes I have to tuck my shirt in between the leather and my back to get some relief.

I’ve been looking into kydex holsters and have tried a few. They have both been extremely uncomfortable. The tip of the holster near the barrel digs into my back/hip like crazy (see pic below).

Has anyone had succes with a kydex holster that was actually comfortable? Any other options that have equally good retention?

(Before anyone suggests it, I have no interest in appendix carry. I’ve tried it. Don’t want it.)

Attachments

• BF1C725E-2441-484A-ACE1-29034E699FBC.jpeg
    BF1C725E-2441-484A-ACE1-29034E699FBC.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 22

renagde

WKR
That looks like an extremely uncomfortable holster and one that isn't made well. Try blackpoint tactical. Crossbreed style, just kydex. Their leather wing concept makes them extremely comfortable. Also gives you the option to switch clips as use it owb.

That’s pretty thick kydex and not fitted well around muzzle. Look at ANR design, they have a few models, I have 4-5 of their holsters and really like them. If you go that route, there are always 10% off codes floating around somewhere, pm me. Gcode is really good as well and will have in stock quick ship for a 19. A little thicker kydex as well but fitted better and great retention. Can send you a few pictures of a 19 in gcode if you want.

rob86jeep

WKR
Because leather holsters do not have good retention, or if they do when new, it eventually breaks in and loosens up.
I think you're mistaken. I carried a leather holster daily for over three years and it's retention is still just as good as the day I bought it. Quality leather holsters from a reputable company will last a very long time if take care of. I carry my pistol daily for work and I've gone through several different kydex holsters, some of them cracked, some of them just don't have the retention I want. I've never had any of my quality leather holsters need to be replaced.

If you don't want leather just because, that's fine, but I wouldn't discount them because you've been told (or think) they'll wear out prematurely.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04