Kyrgyzstan Ibex Hunt

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to see more pics of where you took those horses. Looks like craggy shale covered in snow, insane!

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
Starting to look into a similar trip: what caliber rifle were you using and in general did the guides speak Russian?

OP
B

buzzy

WKR
Starting to look into a similar trip: what caliber rifle were you using and in general did the guides speak Russian?
I used a 7mm wildcat called a 7mm Allen Magnum shooting a 195 grain Berger. It worked well. I could highly recommend the broker I went with. If you want additional details send me a DM and I’d be happy to answer any questions.

The guides spoke Kyrgy and no English at all. One assistant guide spoke a little English and Asif, the broker, was there to translate in camp but he wasn’t with me on my hunt. He went with the sheep hunter.

halpin40

FNG
We are going in 2024 with shikar! We tried to go in 2021 but Covid messed it up so we switched to Beazor ibex in Turkey! Such a good trip! Thanks for sharing your trip

Attachments

• 6A73CE40-4E57-47DF-84B2-55E7091FE015.jpeg
    6A73CE40-4E57-47DF-84B2-55E7091FE015.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 24

Aoudaddy

Lil-Rokslider
No they did not recommend them. I wear glasses and was concerned with being caught in a snow storm and also the sunlight. I did use them as it was really sunny but I wish I had got a cheap pair of prescription sun glasses for the sun. If we had been out while snowing they would have been awesome.
Buzzy, hello I’m looking into booking a mid Asian ibex trip with Asif (Global Safari) literally the same trip you went on. Can you PM I’d LOVE to talk about more details about your trip! Thanks brother!