L&S-like fitting/recommendation?

Bluto

WKR
I’m looking to replace boots this year (so...SOON) and I happen to be going on my first late season hunt, coming from the archery world. Leaning heavily toward going back with Zamberlan, but I’d like to find a way to get a good evaluation of my feet and a recommendation for a boot. I dig the L&S method, but I’m really looking for the right boot regardless if they sell it or not. (Of note - that’s not from experience with L&S so I have nothing bad to say about them.)

What I mean is more like, what if Meindl might make a better boot for me than something sold by whomever is evaluation my feet? Anyone know of that service provided by a place that doesn’t also sell boots?

Im not sure of anybody else doing it, but Lathrop and Sons sells many more brands than just their own. I believe they sell Zamberlans. They also say they can help with boots they dont even sell. I think it would be worth giving them a call.

wildcat33

WKR
Never heard of a place that does it all. L&S has a good reputation for fitting, haven't tried it myself. I've always gone the buy/try on indoors/return route until i find one that works.

Hard to go wrong with L&S, Zamberlan or Meindl (the german made ones).

"Late season": you thinking insulated? If so that limits your options significantly.

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Thanks gents, I'll at least contact L&S and see what they think. They do sell most of the top of the line boots I'm considering, other than Meindl or Crispi.

Wildcat - yeah, I think I'm gonna try my first set of insulated. I like the really light insulation options on the Crispi's, so I think the Idaho might be a good fit. I like the Zamberlan guide, I honestly wish I could just get a new pair of Vioz Top's like I have but insulated. I love that boot.

The real issue is that I don't know what I'm missing out on, and while I'd love to try on and return or actually find a store that carried multiple good brands, I'm kind of puzzled how that would even make a good choice? Like, I'd love to try some Kenetrek - but with a 50 mile or so break in, that's a $470 tryout with no return option.