LA Police Gear LNT 60L pack...yay or nay?

I’m a new to the forum and a new aspiring hunter with plans on going on my first hunt the next 2020 season (should I draw a tag in my state).

I know not to get too hung up on gear and been looking for the best bang for my gear my $0.02 can get me.

One of those potential deals I’ve found is on this...

What do you guys/gals think?

Would this fit my needs?

My plans are for a base camp 4 day hunt out of my camper for mule deer/elk in Nevada. At most I would be out for most of the daylight, glassing, and potentially stalking out in the backcountry. No plans to camp out of the backpack. The main focus for the pack would be to pack the “essentials”, emergency supplies, trekking poles, optics, weapon, a little bit of food and water. The space would mainly be used potentially for hauling out the meat should I become successful.

So let me know...yay or nay...or any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I don’t see any info on that pack’s frame so it’s probably not much more than a plastic sheet. It’s heavy for a daypack but it is still going to be miserable packing out meat. I would look into external frame packs if you’re on a budget

K

Kootenay Hunter

nay

I'd find a solid hunting day pack if you're not doing any overnighters. If you're close to the vehicle, you can always pack some meat out first, then return with a cheap bare bones pack board/meat shelf frame to ruck out the rest.

There are external frame packs for budgets too, I think Cabelas has one.

If you’re on a budget, the ILBE, MOLLE II Large Rucksack, or ALICE pack would probably be better and can be found for the same price or less if you look around. The ILBE, when adjusted properly, is possibly the best pack of the bunch. And let’s face it, that MARPAT pattern is badass lol.

If you wait for a sale, I’ve also seen Mystery Ranch Terraframe 80s for $300. They are the closest thing to a new heavy duty hunting pack without the heavy duty hunting pack price tag. Or, you can probably find a used KUIU pack on the classifieds here for ~$300 if you’re patient and diligent.