La Sal Summer Bear hunt May-June

Hello:

My 20 year old son drew the La Sal summer bear hunt. Normally, we have applied for the Book Cliffs. However, we wanted to try for something different and he was fortunate enough to draw. Being as we live in the Logan area, I was wondering if any of you knew of any licensed guides that
you would recommended , for helping with bait stations and guiding for the area (dogs are not allowed for this hunt).

As we live in Northern Utah, it will be a challenge to make all of the necessary trips for baiting and scouting (we are going to give it our best effort). For this reason, we want to look at a licensed guide option.

We have done 3 hound hunts and a few spot and stalk hunts, but this will be our first baiting experience as well. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My mom drew the same tag. We will be in there trying to tag her a bear also. There is a Redd Ranch outfitter that’s in there. They seem to do pretty well on bears in that country.

We are doing DIY and gonna bait as well. Excited to get out there and have some fun.

OP
Bear Lake Hunter
Hi Mase: My son got a nice boar. I drew the tag this year and got a nice bear. I mistakenly shot a dry sow (legal, but I wanted a boar). However, it was estimated to be 10 years old and I was certainly happy.

Feel free to email me or message me if you have questions.

Ice_man

FNG
@Bear Lake Hunter Good to hear and good for you guys! I'd love to see some pictures if you guys have some. If I end up pulling the tag I'll reach out and try and pick your brain a little bit. You guys hunt over bait or do the spot and stalk?

I
@Bear Lake Hunter @Sheep_chaser Any report on how you guys did? Looking to pull that same tag this year. Curious how you guys ended up and a hunt report on whether the tag is worth burning points on.
I think it's definitely worth going on that hunt. Plant of bears out there to chase around. My mom ended up taking a pretty good boar. 6' 2". Baiting was a lot of fun and a lot work, but its a grand time.

Attachments

• IMG_3083.PNG
    IMG_3083.PNG
    695.7 KB · Views: 18