La Sportiva New or Euro market options?

Because I can't leave well enough alone, I stumbled across a couple very interesting options on La Sportiva's website..

I can't tell if these are new options or if they are European only options. The two boots I'm interested in are the Karakorum Evo GTX and Nepal Trek Evo GTX. I have struggled to find boots that work well with my narrow, low volume feet. The Trango Cubes fit freaking fantastic but there is no cushion in the midsole and it beats my feet and knees up. I also prefer a little taller upper. These two options seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone have additional info on them? I'll email sportiva and see what they have to say.

La Sportiva Nepal Trek Evo Gtx - Man | La Sportiva(R)

kodiakfly

WKR
I don't want to sound like a boot weenie, but I guess I am. I always get envious when I see the Euro market boots. They always seem so much cooler than ours. Yes, those are Euro boots, and they still sell the Nepal Extreme over there too, which they discontinued here.

But for what you seek I suggest, the Scarpa Rebel Pro. Still only two eyes above the ankle, but it's a higher boot and narrower, lower volume. I've had a pair on, but never owned. The reviews are that it's narrow, and it's "narrower" but not so much so that my average size foot felt cramped in it.

If you find a way to import either of those Euro Sportivas let me know!

kodiakfly

WKR
Well heck, looks like you can order them right off the Euro website, but it mentions duties, clearing customs, import taxes, etc...it'd be a $700 pair of boots and take six months to get here.

OP
wind gypsy
I recently ordered Hanwag Ancash boots (think Alaska GTX, slightly lower volume but taller upper) from a Backpacking-unlimited.com which I believe is an English outfit, and they drop shipped from Germany. Took about 2 weeks to get here but they were only $280 total with shipping, currency conversion, etc. So far I think they'll work better than anything else I've used but still don't fit like a Sportiva. Makes me hopeful there are good options for Euro Sportiva boots too.

I've tried on Rebels and thought they fit great at the time but I didn't need that much boot and got chamoz instead which tore my feet up! *Edit - Checked the Scarpa website and the Rebel sounds like it might be a good option. Also appears the Charmoz I have used a different last than the current version (which is now on the same last as Rebel) and uses outdry rather than GTX.

Last edited:
OP
wind gypsy
Providing an update on this - I ordered a pair of the Karakorum HC GTX boots online on 12/5 from Bike24.com (Germany based) for a total of $245, USPS is showing they'll be dropped off Monday.

If you know your size and aren't worried about returns - buying boots from Euro online retailers seems to be a very good option.