La Sportiva Trango cube.

Can anyone compare the stiffness of this shoe to a Lowa Tibet, Soloman 4D, Or Crispi Guide-Nevada?

Thanks in advance.

They're stiffer hands down, in terms of the shank/sole. None of those boots are mountaineering boots. The Tibets are hunting boots, Solomans are hikers, and the Crispis are light hunting boots. Trango Cubes are ultralight mountaineering boots, so they have a true shank and are crampon compatible. Despite the stiff shank, they do great on flat ground and don't have any break in period to speak of. They're probably lighter than any of those other boots as well. With the stiff shank they handle loads very well.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

ndbuck09

WKR
I'd add that my brother, my wife and myself have all had the Trango Cubes. My brother had his warrantied twice for not being waterproof and leaking in 1 month, my wife had her womens version warrantied for not being waterproof and leaking after a year, and I had mine warrantied after 1 month due to not being waterproof and leaking. We all love the boots' fit and feel. Its nice and stiff for handling steep terrain. You can set your edge on a sidehill and you don't get ankle fatigue after doing that all day like you would in a noodley boot. It's nice and light for super long days too. I no longer run these boots because I went back to a leather boot that is impregnated with silicone for water tightness. I suspect that there's something with their manufacturing process that compromised the goretex liner at the tongue area. The trango's are also cold since they're so light and you'll start feeling the cold on 30 degree mornings if you stop moving.