LabRadar Lite

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
I've been in contact with Labrador this month. They are releasing a Lite version that is identical to the original without Bluetooth. Bluetooth functionality cannot be added... don't ask... Basically the bluetooth module has been the holdup with chip shortages lately. Midway has them now https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024946424?pid=674673

Scheels will have them soon too. They shipped from LabRadar Monday. I know a lot of people have been looking for them. Good Luck!

So its basically the same exact thing as the one "with" Bluetooth.

If they functioned they would be great but unfortunately they don't. They are $600 paper weights.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
JBahr

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
LOL, I've heard all about the bluetooth issues from current users... Consensus is that chrono seems to work pretty reliably when set up correctly and an external trigger is used. For me having to connect the Magneto Speed to the rifle is too tedious and causes POI shift, dealbreaker.

Certainly need some competition in the market to strengthen the offerings in the doppler world. Some of the few I've seen recently are still behind LabRadar in tech and certainly production. I'm not confident they will be able to catch up for a while. Alas I'll be stuck with the Lite for a while too.

Unfortunately the button functions on my current labradar suck as much as the Bluetooth non functionality..

Mine worked great right up until they updated the software and made it useless. When I contacted CS they had no fix for me and no timeline on when it would be fixed.

I started with the magneto and will probably have to go back to using it for setup reasons

OP
JBahr

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately the button functions on my current labradar suck as much as the Bluetooth non functionality..

Mine worked great right up until they updated the software and made it useless. When I contacted CS they had no fix for me and no timeline on when it would be fixed.

I started with the magneto and will probably have to go back to using it for setup reasons

That sucks! I'm surprised customer service was not helpful. I'd raise HELL with them and send your unit in demanding a fix...

deadwolf

WKR
I’ve had zero issues with my Labradar that I’ve used exclusively for at least 3 years. Suppressed, unsuppressed, brakes, no matter. Bought a mic trigger for it as well as movement trigger that velcros to the rifle. Love my Labradar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a lab radar the week they were released for sale to the public after introduction. It still works well for me but I never even knew there was a bluetooth function.

nikoavg

FNG
I have a Labradar and after reading all the advice on different forums have been very happy with mine.

My bluetooth is as reliable as every other piece of technology that's flooded our lives. There is little care or concern for how well it works or how long it works. Just market it and sell millions. I still love my LR. The only reason I wanted the BT to work was so I could see the screen easier and reset when needed. But with the ext trigger I can now bring it right into my lap.

billydonk

FNG
I’ve had zero issues with my Labradar that I’ve used exclusively for at least 3 years. Suppressed, unsuppressed, brakes, no matter. Bought a mic trigger for it as well as movement trigger that velcros to the rifle. Love my Labradar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good to hear- I've been on the fence. thanks

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
My bluetooth is as reliable as every other piece of technology that's flooded our lives. There is little care or concern for how well it works or how long it works. Just market it and sell millions. I still love my LR. The only reason I wanted the BT to work was so I could see the screen easier and reset when needed. But with the ext trigger I can now bring it right into my lap.
What is the “ext” trigger?

What is the “ext” trigger?
"external trigger" that plugs into the port below the battery plug in port. Then it attaches to your gun, bow, or whatever you are tracking. You have to go into menu of LR and change the source I believe it is to allow this. I have zero missed readings with this trigger.

OP
JBahr

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
After a few months with the LabRadar Lite I am very pleased. With the JKL Precision Tigger I have missed zero shots with exception of user error when the unit timed out on low arm time or I had incorrect profile selected (bow instead of rifle). Yes the trigger works very well on my bow with the correct settings...